Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yes we have a Euro classic towball mounted rack , it carries two electric bikes to Spain and all over, Excellent quality bit of kit, highly recommended.Got mine from Towequipe £200 delivered(2 years ago) It came with a euro plug on it i just cut it off and put 7 pin on as an adaptor was £20 at the time. one thing to watch it needs a Bosal ball which has a slightly longer neck. Cheers Roger.

·
Premium Member
22,833 Posts
We use one on our car (van has a Fiamma one), it is brilliant and very secure, BUT do make sure it is clamped on tight (and I mean tight!), we saw one last week near Nantes which had drooped and was touching the ground, the driver (British) was oblivious and only realised when it was pointed out to him!

The whole system is easy to use and holds the bikes well, we have been VERY impressed by it.

Dave

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Bought one on Sunday in Halfords. Its a 9403, 3 bike rack that is not as good looking as some but same specs and good price (£109). New version is 9503, which looks exactly the same and sells for around £140.
Made it up and tested it excellent bit of kit. Ditch the Fiamma.
Gerry

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Yes I have got one I use on the car, its now about 8 years old and still going strong. You can travel at high speed for 100's of miles without a worry about the bikes. You also get some security with them as most lock onto the towbar and the bike lock onto the rack.

I would not use anything other than Thule to transport bikes.

Richard...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes, I use a 9502, excellent bit of kit.

I got it a fortnight ago from Tesco Direct, it's only £65 and Ebay is around £85. It goes out of stock very quickly though and you may have to wait a short while for it.

EDITED. Sorry just noticed it has gone up to £82 :roll:

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ball

sideways said:
Yes we have a Euro classic towball mounted rack , it carries two electric bikes to Spain and all over, Excellent quality bit of kit, highly recommended.Got mine from Towequipe £200 delivered(2 years ago) It came with a euro plug on it i just cut it off and put 7 pin on as an adaptor was £20 at the time. one thing to watch it needs a Bosal ball which has a slightly longer neck. Cheers Roger.
does it need Bosal Ball?

Trev.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.