Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone give me some reasons/clues why suddenly this is happening:

I use this PC (my main one with googlemail) but I download all my mail into Thunderbird on my laptop - it has usually always downloaded whatever emails are left on the server (all of them, as I don't delete them) so it may well be 400 or 600 in between my downloading them, so no problems,

Suddenly when I try to update the laptop, it will seem to download, 8 or 12 or 20 at a time and I have to keep pressing download after each little packet that comes down. I have not altered any settings at all, so why is this

Anyone have any thoughts or ways to speed it up, as I am having to sit by the laptop and do it every minute or so?

Carol

Edited about 5 minutes later - clicked the Get Mail - and it said no messages left on server. I was only up to 13th May - so there are loads.... so clicked again, now it is downloading 517... whatever is causing this erratic behavior - I have been here for 30 mins now trying to download them, it is driving me mad...and I am trying to sort the mh out ....as we are off for its habitation check...

Edited a few minutes later -

Just checked and it downloading duplicates from MARCH.... URGHHH

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dougie

Thanks will have a try.

Carol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.