Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this has already been done, but might it be a good topic where we all share our little keyboard short cuts and little bits of HTML code that helps us get through the day.

The sort of thing I mean is how to turn bold on IE, CTRL +B, or in HTML [b ] and off is [/b ] etc. (I used a space before each ] to make the code show only, Thanks Zebedee)

Or how to exit a program with no mouse, ALT+F4 ALT then F then X

or using the Tab key to move to the next item on a form.

Another one would be ways to make a search engine do what you want,

such as green +yellow -"black pudding"

I know quite a few, but there must be hundreds of ways to do things on a PC that I don't know.

Kev.

·
Premium Member
23,180 Posts
Write a contribution to the FAQ sub-forum Kev - it would be a good addition to the section. :D

If you start a thread in the FAQs Temp section I'm sure you will get loads of contributions from other members, and will be able to make a comprehensive list. :D

Grizzly is back from her jollies and will advise if you need any guidance - I dare not interfere! 8O 8O

Dave

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure there are loads of tutorials telling about standard windows keyboard shortcuts, I meant the ones we find when using a program within windows, that uses a shortcut not from MS itself, but uses some unknown function, I used to know a couple, but it's so long since I've used them & they've gone from my mind.

I also thought it would be nice if we could just teach eachother a little useful tip every now and then, it being a helpful style of site, and you then don't have to learn a whole list in one go.

As for doing a FAQ style of thread is not my thing.

Kev.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.