Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(please dont take this too seriously we're happy to be in this wounderful family and make all these observations with a smile on my face)

That is the question.

When we test drove some campers it was like driveing on strobes!! from all the MH's flashing us. Only after the dealer told us why did my panic subside thinking I was on fire, driving on the wrong side or doing something else to endanger all lives and limbs :lol: I still remember the feeling of exaltation of my first aknowledged 'flash and wave' (f&w).

However I have studied the demographics of this phenomina and have come to the following conclusions (relative to 30sumthings in a High Top)

1. The bigger the MH the less likely to f&w
2. The dirtier/rustier/older the less likely
3. The older the occupants the more likely
4. The same model the most likely

Also who should we wave to?

Should we stick to our own kind as seems the norm to me? Panel vans stick to panel vans, A-class to A-class etc Do MPV's count?

I write this to incourage compulsary waving for all - anyone not waving should be reported to the appropriate authorities and 'Named and Shamed' on this site

Any thoughts?? :wink:

APA

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Wave to everybody, ['cept tuggers of course :wink: ]
including bread vans - you never know, parked next to one once on a site in Champagne, with a furniture deliveryvan on the other side - both brits - and that's nothing to what you see sporting a netherlands flag. :D

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
We wave and it seems to be more prevalent in France. :)

The only problem is that after a month+ of waving I find myself doing it in the car after returning and feel a right 'nana. :(

Gillian

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've even managed to wave at a few prisoner/securicor vans :oops: but they didnt wave back.
A few weeks ago while trundling along the A55 westbound, I overtook and was overtaken by a motorhome.
We then ended up parked alongside eachother at our destination.
While we were both pottering about outside the 'vans they barely acknowleded my existence but then as I drove away they both waved frantically and gave me a big smile.
Is it me?????? Is this some sort of code of practice I havent cottoned onto yet?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good tip Dodger, I had heard that ambulance services do this and was pondering the options for next year, thxs

Dont you just love the british mentality Banjo................. I love this country lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.