Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had the renewal to insure the toad .aixam 500 mac last year it was £175.00 this year it has gone up to £312.00 with 1 years no-claims and limited mileage
does anybody know where we can get a better quote?

·
Registered
18,303 Posts
Churchill Hastings Direct Saga

go to confused.com fill in 1 form and comparisons come up.
When you get best price ring your current insure and quote a little bit less and they will probably match it. You should be able to match last years price.
Yesterday i insured Mercedes slk for £190 and clio for £146

same insurer.
Also a good tip do not have just your name on insurance, put hubby / wifey on too, makes a few pounds less.

Cheers
Dave P

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ooops - I'm gonna sound like a badly scratched gramophone record soon!! :lol: :lol: 8O I have just started with Comfort insurance. They have provided me with Comprehensive insurance for our Peugeot 107 which will also cover the car in its role as a "TOAD" both here AND abroad comprehensively at no extra cost. The car is also covered for up to 180 days at any one time whilst abroad in Europe/EEC countries etc. The premium is less than what I was paying with RAC Direct who couldn't cover the car with a comprehensive policy whilst it was being towed. The insurance is with Norwich Union by the way - which came as a surprise when I asked for the initial quote!

It will be horses for courses though and not all insurance policies cater for everyone's needs.

Cheers

Chris

P.S. NO!! I'm not in receipt of any loyalties/favours etc from Comfort in case any of you are wondering - I just like to give credit for what I believe to be a worthwhile policy for us!

P.P.S The price is just a tad over £200 for 12 months

·
Registered
583 Posts
DTPCHEMICALS said:
Hi Chris, will you mend that bloomin car. Its always got its bonnet up.

DaveP
:lol: :lol: I'll let you into a little secret Dave, that photo was taken about 5 years ago when the car was in pristine condition. Three years later, having been used as my "daily driver" more or less 365 days a year, the modern world (and numerous potholes) has taken its toll on her!! She has spent the last two years in the garage waiting patiently to have some TLC (and a wedge of spondoolies!) lavished on her!! Alas, this new hobby of ours (some call it out and about in a motorhome! 8) )seems to be getting in the way of some serious time being spent in the garage!! :( :( Oh, and the bonnet is now lowered although she's in the garage!! :wink: :wink:

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
753 Posts
This 'TOAD' terminology tickles me! lol! I have visions of motorhomers hopping around....guess i should grow up - but hey - it would be green in more than one way!!! rofl!

Down here we call it 'trailer' or 'car'

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
CWP2007

when you say you use Comfort is that for the Motorhome as well, because the last time I asked on here about Toad insurance I got a load of duff info, my fault but it cost me a few bob

I need an Insurer for my Toad not a company that insures the Motorhome as well

loddy

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hi loddy,

No, the insurance that I have referred to in my earlier post is just for the Peugeot 107. I did ask for a seperate quote for the motorhome but Comfort could not find one cheaper than the one that I already have with Caravanguard. They also gave me the discount for being a member of MHF :D :D

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
583 Posts
loddy said:
do you really like Spitfires ? I served my apprenticeship on them and Standards.
Yes I do! The one in the avatar was my "road car", I had another that was a Class A race car, I have a fully furbished 1500 chassis and drive train in the garage next to the "road car" and a M reg MkIV now parked where the one in the avatar is(was) parked! I think I also have more spares of various descriptions/weight/sizes than most accessory shops!! :roll: :roll:

Cheers

Chris

P.S. Sorry to everyone (and the mods) - that went a bit off topic!! :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Re: toad insurance

jetski said:
best we can get is churchill at £273 comfort dont do aixam never heard of them
That surprises me!! I'm not particularly au fait with Aixams but from what little I know, I would have thought that not only would the insurance be cheaper than what I pay for our Peugeot 107 but that Comfort would have been familiar with the make of car? :? :? I realise that there will be various factors involved in arriving at a figure that will not necessarily be the same factors as in our case but that's still a lot of dosh for such a small vehicle! :( :(

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
361 Posts
My Toad - Daihatsui Charade is insured fully comp with NFU. They have given me a letter stating that the car is comprehesively covered when it is being towed by the motorhome (which is insured with Comfort)

Ian

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
toad insurance

I use any of the compare sites to give me a list, then I check Quidco to see if any are listed. I got my seicento insured with HSBC through Quidco. I checked with HSBC if the car was covered whilst being towed then when ahead with the insurance and recieved £40 cash back from Quidco making the total cost £95 fully comp. protected NC, legal cover etc. It amazed me too! I am just doing the same for house insurance, I know we don't know how good any of them are until we make a claim.

Graham

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.