Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please I need help, I recently bought a Mio 168 and Tom Tom navi system and after a bit of a struggle made it all work, let me say first I work on a computer all day albeit a Mac. so I struggled with the other halves PC to get the files installed ( are PC's designed to be unhelpful?) or is it just me.
Anyway, I have now bought a dvd with speed cameras warnings and thats where the problems start, I just cannot seem to get the files into the correct position to show, I believe the files have to be in the same folder as the maps but how do I access the map folders, where are they?!. The maps ,I think, are stored on the memory card but thats all I know. I am sory to be so naive but working on a mac you do get used to the way these things work and a PC is just alien to me.
Any help would be gratefully received as I spent over an hour this morning downloading the files from the dvd onto the PC but thats as far as I could manage aftrer that... lost
David
:(

·
Premium Member
7,022 Posts
Long time since I had my fingers on a Mac but on the PC you need to open
Explorer (sorry cannot remember what the Mac equivalent is called) but essentially you need to synch your handheld with the Mac and drag the OV file into the srorage card on your handheld. That is how I do it but I am running Windows CE on the handheld and XP on the PC and can open File Explorer in Active Synch.

peedee

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Hi Brackpack

The POI files need to go in the map directory which will be on the storeage card, don't forget to put the .bmp files in there too or you won't see any icons. You can access the card via a card reader or using "Active Synch" whilst the PDA is linked up to your PC. Don't forget to unlock the card before trying!
You will also need to install an application called "CheckPoint" in order to enable the verbal and audible camera warnings. This application can be downloaded free from the sites already mentioned

Gaspode

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.