Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now being advertised at 59 Euros

TomTom 5 Upgrade

Looks like good value as it now includes all of the individual country maps of Europe, as well as the Major Roads of Europe for navigating between Countries.

A word of caution though, check the list of PDA's that it is no longer compatable with, ( mine for instance the O2 XDA :( ) also note some of the previous features have been dropped ie Lat/Long navigation which I for one thought was very useful.

Andrew

·
Registered
1 Posts
upgrade for pocket pc

hi, sorry for sounding a bit thick but i have tt3 & maps of western europe
what would i need to upgrade , would it be just the western europe or the english maps or both. The thing is that the europe pack had uk maps in it and i dont fancy having to pay 2 loads of cash.
Cheers Tony.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The upgrade to TomTom3 you buy for 59 euros is of the navigation software the GB map and all the European maps. See the TomToM website for details.

As androidGB says check compatibility of your hardware. Best to do this by logging on to Pocketgpsworld.com and searching the forums as many Pocket PC's not listed on the TomTom website will run the software.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I upgraded my tomtom from version 3 to 5 a while back now, after the initial teething problems I find tt5 to be a far better bit of kit, for instance on the upgrade price you get full maps of each european country where as before I was getting by with Major roads of Europe. I also pay for the traffic feature which means that I connect through gprs and get latest travel details of my route and should there be any major holdups then I can simply redivert to avoid the jams. Having just got back from France all I can say is that by using tomtom instead of maps I could explore little roads and lanes without the fear of getting lost or disorientated, also having traffic, I managed to avoid a 6 hour traffic jam just outside of Paris.
Hope this info helps

Mitch

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just "upgraded" from 3 to 5 and now find that the system takes much longer to find satellites, or even in some cases to establish a link to the GPS unit at all, (HP Ipaq 2210 with Bluetooth Fortuna receiver). So much so that I'm seriously considering revererting to 3.
Anybody else experienced similar problems, and if so, is there a fix?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.