Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
i do like the look of that, i like the fact it tells you in advance which lane to get in and it has all of europe maps, my tt 1 europe doesnt have spain croatia etc, i might treat myself to one, the only thing i would like bluetooth for the phone hands free i didnt see it or may of overlooked it

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have a GO 940. I bought it to replace my GO 910 which died. No matter what I did with it it would not re-boot. I tried to reinstall my back up, but it said their was no hard drive. So I invested in the new model.

I find the IQ Routes to be good it gives lots of good information in a timely manner. I prefer the Tom Tom due to the free POI. I have tried hard to get POI for my Swift provided Blaupunkt.....what a pile of crap that thing is!

Go for the new one, you know you deserve it :)

Stewart

·
Registered
252 Posts
I got IQ Routes and Advanced Lane Guidance when I bought a new map for my Go720.
With IQ Routes the route differs depending on the time of day you want to travel.
The lane guidance is very useful on the M25.

·
Registered
294 Posts
uve done it now, i didnt need a satnav and now because of this post ive ordered a new one a tomtom go 730, please dont post any fancy gadgets in future because im a sucker lol :lol: :lol: :lol: pick my new toy up 2moz, so any one wanting a tomtom1 europe im open to offers

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tommytli said:
uve done it now, i didnt need a satnav and now because of this post ive ordered a new one a tomtom go 730, please dont post any fancy gadgets in future because im a sucker lol :lol: :lol: :lol: pick my new toy up 2moz, so any one wanting a tomtom1 europe im open to offers
lol - serves you right for reading it. :)

PM sent.

Dougie.

·
Registered
294 Posts
asprn said:
tommytli said:
lol - serves you right for reading it. :)

PM sent.

Dougie.
lol i blame you its all your fault lol,

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tommytli said:
lol i blame you its all your fault lol,
I can cope with that. :) I always vowed never to order stuff off t'internet after imbibing in expensive malts. Shouldn't make promises you can't keep. :)

Dougie.

·
Registered
294 Posts
ive got my new toy the go 730 it doesnt like my iphone it wont accept the text msg part of the bluetooth connection, its just updating the maps a whoping 2gig update we will see how it goes lol

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Any chance of a Review of your new "toys" as and when?? Looking at the TT website it seems not all the IQ models support TT Home- would that be a disadvantage?

Also- I've found my trusty (oldish but updated maps) TT 700 quite good in announcing lane changes so I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Telbell said:
Any chance of a Review of your new "toys" as and when?? Looking at the TT website it seems not all the IQ models support TT Home- would that be a disadvantage?

Also- I've found my trusty (oldish but updated maps) TT 700 quite good in announcing lane changes so I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Thanks
so far so good telbell i had to intsall drivers off the cd provided to make it work with tt home, some of the functions were not compatible but once i put the disc in every thing was ok.

the lane thing is really good the tt changes to a pic if the junction showing exactly what lane to take, it couldnt be clearer. i put all my old pois straight on no probs, the only thing ive found i wont do is accept text messages from my iphone.
i can give a better update on it soon because im off to south ardeche in 3 weeks so we will see how it does over the water.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi All

Used my Tom Tom 730 IQ in France for two weeks - it gave all lane changes and never failed once to get me to my destination - Aires/ municipal/Passions and other sites
I'm really impressed with this bit of kit - especially with the co-ordinates feature and as mentioned the lane change/guidance feature.

Cheers

David

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Excuse my ignorance here :roll:

Is there not a possibility with this new IQ system, which apparently tries to avoid congested roads at peak times, that a large motorhome could end up being routed via unsuitable roads?

Just a thought.

Paul

·
Registered
257 Posts
Even with my "old" tom tom 720 it attempted to send us down some rather narrow looking lanes in Italy earlier this year. Trying to get to the campsite in Fiesola just outside Florence was a particular nightmare, but we did get there.

However I asked the route to be prepared, it kept taking us off the "main" roads for a short cut to save a few hundered yards or so. However the best bit was heading up the east side of Switzerland when " she" directed us away from the valley road up a lovely road thro the woods and a tiny little village, one car thro at a time and then we stopped outside a newish Swiss Army barracks and were faced with a small archway thro what looked like a prison wall!! Well it said 3.0m high and 2.3m wide. Yes I chickened out.

After looking up the map it turned out to be the border with Liechenstein!

cheers alan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.