Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tour starts in Monaco on Saturday July 4th and finishes in Paris on Sunday July 26th 2009; the 96th Tour de France will be made up of 21 stages and will cover a total distance of 3,500 kilometres.

If you are touring France in July check the tour route or you could be in
for some long waits.

For those who have not been caught-up in the Tour before, the Gendarmes
close a rolling section of the road some 4 hrs before the riders come
through, so a long wait if you need to get somewhere.

For those who have seen it - whether planned or not - it is quite a sight,
and everything, I mean everything takes a back seat where the Tour comes
through.

Take a look at this link for full course details.
http://www.letour.fr/us/homepage_horscourseTDF.html

Safe travelling

Don

·
Administrator
18,638 Posts
Thanks for the timely reminder Don. I remember being caught up in the "caravan" when trying to go across the course a few years back. It can mean a long wait!!

A great sight if you can get to watch them pass through a town.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Don-Thanks for the info and the web site. I will be leaving Midi Pyranees 9th July and heading to Dunkirk for the ferry home for the 16th July so that web site will be very useful. I remember the spectacle when it came to Portsmouth in the late 90s- amazing!

Keith

·
Administrator
18,638 Posts
Sgt411 said:
Hi Don-Thanks for the info and the web site. I will be leaving Midi Pyranees 9th July and heading to Dunkirk for the ferry home for the 16th July so that web site will be very useful. I remember the spectacle when it came to Portsmouth in the late 90s- amazing!

Keith
yes, I saw them at South Harting 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.