Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can buy a tow bar for a Lunar Champ MH on a Ducato 2.8 chassis? I think it may be a galvanised Alko chassis it's on.
I was quoted £550 + vat fitted, that seems excessive to me.
Any contacts out there please?

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi-ya DJP try WWW.TOWTAL.CO.UK.

same day made and fitted on the premises . I arrived at 0800 and left 1230
mine was £370-00 total ( last year ) Brilliant job and really sharp looking.
Give them a bell they're 100% on the ball and helpfull.
Located in stoke-on-trent they can accommodate you overnight
if you need it in the yard with hook-up

regards
BB

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Dennis If you choose to follow up the TOWTAL contact, I feel confident that you will be pleased with the job they do.
The finnish they apply is some kind of plastic very smart , and they offer several colour choices so that the bar blends into your skirting colour scheme. From memory it was White, Black or Grey when I had mine done last year.

regards

B

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glad to know you got fixed up. Take a book or some such time passer,
plenty of free coffee/soup/tea/water etc available in the waiting room (in the shop/office, with two chairs actually nothing posh). toilet available
Any queries re the M'home suspension etc ask "little Bill" he's a qualified engineer and revels in his extensive knowledge !!!

while you're there take a walk down the road to the "seconds shop" for Wedgewood and associated companies. its on the same side of the road as Towtal about 300 yds down hill. Crockery, quality and everyday stuff and glassware at prices to make you drool. Worth a look even if you dont buy anything, and the cafe there quite bearable.
TIP ----- FORGET TO TAKE YOUR WALLET !!!! :twisted:

REGARDS
BB (missed one last time)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
while you're there take a walk down the road to the "seconds shop" for Wedgewood and associated companies. its on the same side of the road as Towtal about 300 yds down hill. Crockery, quality and everyday stuff and glassware at prices to make you drool. Worth a look even if you dont buy anything,
That could be as expensive as the tow bar if the missus comes as well :D :!: :!: :!: :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
How's the song go......
"HEY BIG SPENDER."

Now why do you think I suggested you forget your wallet !!!!!
My Missus can spend cash like it's going out of fashion ! Then says

"OOO!! did it cost that much??"

seriously though its worth a look.

BB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.