·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Newbie question please :roll:

We are about to by a small Kipor genny for our new M/H

Friends have told us to be careful whilst in transit re fumes and storage 8O

Can we ask how you guys transport you gennys whilst out and about and is fuel fumes an issue for you ??

Do you carry the genny inside the M/H - guess you have do?

Advice and replies greatly appreciated

Dave

·
Registered
561 Posts
hi dave.

i carry a small honda genny for topping up the the battery.s when not on hook up,i carry it inside the motorhome,under the dining table,i have no problem with fumes in the motorhome as i always let it run low on fuel before stowing it.5lt petrol will last 20 hours.
some will say dont bother with a genny,get some solar panals,iv been there tried that, to unreliable given our climate,unless you cover the whole roof in them,a very expensive lesson.just have a look to see how much 1kw of solar would cost you,then try them in the middle of winter on a dull day,and see how much power they are giving out,a genny will give you 1kw 24/7
and may i add i like your motorhome,a well built and problem free british product.

cheers chris

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
If you use a genny how do you store the can of fuel that it will need.
Also Chris (good morning by the way and it was great to meet you two)
You have a motorbike so its easy to refill but ,if like us, we havent then we have to keep finding a garage while on site and thats not always easy.
How long does 1 can of fuel last.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It will be fine transported around, we move Hundreds every week around in our vans. MAKE SURE the fuel valve is switched off and the Valve on the top of the Fuel cap. This will make sure that the Petrol stored in there is air tight.
We also use Jerry cans to transport our Fuel, so far (Fingers crossed!) No fuel leaks and the fumes have not killed me!
Simon
ps buy a Planet 1 - much better than Kipor!
outdoor bits

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi Dave, when we had our Kontiki, we took the shelf out of the cupboard under the sink in the bathroom and put it in there, before I turned it off I would shut the thing on top of the petrol cap and let it run for a bit, and we never had a problem with petrol leaking out, you can drain the carb on a Kipor but we never did. :) Bob.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Lol, that is one reason! Mainly because I know we will always have spares parts warrantys etc
If you line them up spec for spec Planets come out on top.
Things like running times etc
The "Planet 1" comes with a 2-Year Warranty.

Technical Specifications
Sound Level (DB) : 58 (7m)
Output Rated (kva) : 0.8
Output Max (kva) : 1
Output Voltage (V) : 230
Fuel Tank Capacity (L) : 2.7
Continuous Operating Hours Without Refuelling at Rated Load: 7.5
Dimensions (mm) : L470, W255, H400
Starting system : Recoil starter
Engine type : 49cc Single cylinder, 4-stroke, OHC, gasoline engine
Rated rotation speed (rpm) : 5500
Dry Weight (kg) : 13
Fuel Type : Petrol
Taken of my site

Hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.