Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, can anyone help me find a dealer that makes or sells a Transverse trailer for a single scooter/motorcycle. Thankyou for any help given. Cheers Baz............................ :)

·
Premium Member
23,180 Posts
Yep.

Saw a beauty yesterday at the show, but it's a very new venture so I don't know if there are any piccies of it available yet, and the website is still being constructed.

Member Pesco is making and marketing them, so a PM to him (after the show) would be worthwhile I think.

Not cheap at nearly £900, but very well engineered, and no problems at all with reversing as it runs on castored wheels and acts like an extension of the van. (It has a two-point connection - one at each side of the van towbar.)

The only thing to watch out for is the extra length, and the tendency therefore to swing out when turning sharply.

It looks good to me.

Dave

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dave p, I have tried googeling but could not find anything, yet I have seen them advertised somewhere. If you can remember I would be most happy! Cheers for your help. Baz........................ :?

·
Premium Member
23,180 Posts
DABurleigh said:
Well you say you were going to contact Pesco, so if that failed, contact:

EZE TOW LTD
102 STEPPING STONES ROAD
COVENTRY
WEST MIDLANDS
CV5 8JU

Dave
Has to be one and the same Dave, although the addresses differ.

Maybe a change of address - mine is copied from the Stratford Show blurb, so should be the most recent. :? :roll:

Picked up this further description of the trailer.

EZE TOW
THE FACTORY
JACKSON ROAD
HOLBROOKS
COVENTRY
CV6 4BT
TEL/FAX: 02476 687555

EZE TOW is a reversible trailer making towing a new experience, no more worrying if you need to back up, it will carry a Scooter or even a Motorcycle, and for the guy's with the big bikes there is a larger version, we also do a Fiamma top box version which also has a bracket to take bicycles, so you no longer need to drill holes in your Motorhome.

Dave

·
Premium Member
23,180 Posts
DABurleigh said:
What stops the scooter tipping forward into the metal post under braking?
On the Eze Tow there's a strong ratchet strap for just that function.

It looks a far more substantial and better engineered item than the eBay one above, which would be just about impossible to reverse. 8O 8O

The Eze Tow can be all but forgotten when reversing, with only the extra length to consider. Quite a different beast!! :D

May get one myself if I can't carry a scooter on a rear rack - which is the obvious (to me anyway) best option.

Dave

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
DABurleigh said:
What stops the scooter tipping forward into the metal post under braking?
Fair point! Does look like the tie down points are too close to the rack to prevent it moving under braking. A bit of artistic license with the photos as they don't appear to show any straps at all!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
This trailer looks to be just what I needed but I am slightly concerned about the wheels being aft of the main scooter weight. A big scooter plus trailer weight is going to come in around 300kgs which is not a problem if the trailer axle is taking all the weight but with the scooter forward then some of that will end up as noseweight. I reckon with the weight of the towbar and a noseweight of around 60 kgs you're looking at nearly 100ks out of your payload 8O Hopefully the figures won't be as bad as that but we shall see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.