Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're heading off travelling around Europe for a few years before we hit 30.

To the sun in the summer and ski in their winter.

We plan to head off for the next ski season in Nov and are trying to find info re jobs and where we can pitch up.

We'd like to both work as chalet hosts as we're keen cooks and this would give us time in the day together to hit the slopes and find somewhere to pitch up where we can access water (elec not so much of a problem as plan to get solar panels fitted).

Can anyone make any recomendations to help us get our trip off the ground! We dont mind were we go as long as there's snow.

And any tips for the summer months in perhaps Italy, France or Greece would be great.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
ski chalet work is on our list - maybe winter after next.....

As for "peak summer" - we're staying in UK - we prefer slightly off-season travel - its cheaper; no kids; and you can do almost everything without the hassle.

Just a thought!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I own a ski chalet/hotel and a couple of bars in Tignes. See www.chaletchardons.com

You can stay in a motorhome in my village in a big car park. There are always a few campervans there all season. I park mine up round the back of my hotel and another employee lives in his with his wife but these are panel van conversions. I don't think a full size one would fit.

If you can cook, speak French or are capabale of doing handy/building work then I'd be interested in hearing from you. I employ about 20 people from December through to April. Package is all found plus ski pass and wage which you wouldn't expect to get rich on! You get from about 11am till 5pm every day to go skiing.

Contact me via the forum if you're interested and have the necessary skills and I can arrange an interview if all looks good. I live in Annecy (in my motorhome) in the summer so if you're around that area then contact me and we can meet up. I can help you out with many tips and other stuff as I live in France year round - in the hotel in the winter and in the motorhome in the summer.

Good luck with it all, best regards, Mark

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh I forgot - I may be up in the hotel doing maintenance work in September and might need people to paing and varnish. If you fancy some time in the alps in the summer this may be something to consider...

Cheers, Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.