Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Does anyone know exactly what documentation we need to enter France by sea, then enter Spain and then the reverse when we set off home, as it is not very clear on these countries websites.

We have received both vaccines and also the booster, and on August 3rd both contracted Covid.

We set sail on 3rd January only 5 months after our infection, do we need proof we are all clear ?

Cheers
Dave

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
Sorry got distracted elsewhere...

I looked this up the other week and a Covid Passport plus a declaration was all that was required for entry into France and also into Spain. These self decorations can be downloaded from the respective countries websites.

Coming back to the UK you have to order a lateral flow test (between 15-20 quid seems to be the best price - Kev Pudsey Bear's wife recently bought one and he has a link to where from) which you have to take 48 hours after you return. The test that you order has a unique code number which needs to be entered on the declaration you have to fill in to get back into the UK.

As I say, I checked this a couple of weeks ago so who knows whether it is the same now. I have read/heard that France are considering adding the booster as a requirement for entry on top of jabs 1 and 2.

I 'think' but I may be wrong, that if you have also recently contracted Covid and recovered you may need to declare that too.

We are off tp Spain in January as well hence I'm keeping close to this.

Where are you off to (PM me if you don't want to let this thread go off track)?

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,295 Posts
It may be out of date Graham but when I crossed france/Spain mid-Oct, and again Spain/France early Nov I had my form for entry ready but no one was there to ask for it.

I don't think I was asked anywhere in Spain to produce my vaccination certificate but I was, virtually everywhere in France, even for outdoor coffee. I uploaded my UK certificate to the French TousAntiCovid app (make sure you don't try to use the one that's used by businesses to READ the TousAntiCovid app).

My friend tells me there's now a Pan-european app but I haven't investigated - I just know it's a green front!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for your recommendations and information on entering different countries. Now I know what my husband and I need. But I guess I want to start my trip with the US because we also haven't been to many states. We"ll probably need to find Places in the USA to hire a motorhome because we want to arrange a trip like that for ourselves. We want to enjoy the atmosphere of such travel in a motorhome. I think it would be fascinating because we have already planned what the trip would be like. And of course, we would like to find a suitable motorhome with the right conditions for us.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Tell us more Myni.
Are you in the states now? Do you plan touring Europe? Are you buying an RV or motorhome?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi All

Update

Having now found out exactly how much all these PCR tests and 2Day tests cost, amounting to over £160, and even more if Spain decide to also use them, we have decided to cancel the trip totally. Received 75% refund off Brittany Ferries but sadly our return trip with P & O via CMC is none refundable £94.50. Have not cancelled that yet as who know, we may get over next year.

Dave

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Bugger innit Dave. Luckily so far free in France but might need some to get back next March.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Yes i paid about the same when i came to the UK in august if you look at the figures for infections among travellers it made little or no difference to the spread of covid within the UK but of cause it made the friends of Boris richer

·
Premium Member
9,001 Posts
At present, as well as a PCR test within 2 days of your return into the U.K. you also need to take a lateral flow test within two days of boarding your transport back to the U.K. (be that ferry, tunnel or plane)

We are off to Copenhagen tomorrow, so have researched the requirements very carefully! It is possible to purchase lateral flow test kits in the U.K. and take them with you. They will NOT accept the free NHS tests, you have to purchase them. I got mine from a company called "Prenetics" £19 per person.

PCR tests from "Expert Medicals" for about £28 per person. They have had bad press but I used them in September without any problems.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
At present, as well as a PCR test within 2 days of your return into the U.K. you also need to take a lateral flow test within two days of boarding your transport back to the U.K. (be that ferry, tunnel or plane)

We are off to Copenhagen tomorrow, so have researched the requirements very carefully! It is possible to purchase lateral flow test kits in the U.K. and take them with you. They will NOT accept the free NHS tests, you have to purchase them. I got mine from a company called "Prenetics" £19 per person.

PCR tests from "Expert Medicals" for about £28 per person. They have had bad press but I used them in September without any problems.
Nice to know Expert Medical are back on the approved list as they are one of the cheapest avl i always look for the cheapest and then hope they fail to deliver and then claim the money back the system does nothing to stop the virus only make friends of Boris richer

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
It looks as if our trip to to Spain is now under serious threat. We are due to go through the tunnel on 13th January so our only hope is that things may have settled down by then.

Reactions: 242633

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
It looks as if our trip to to Spain is now under serious threat. We are due to go through the tunnel on 13th January so our only hope is that things may have settled down by then.
Depends if the prophets of doom are right if their predictions are right you could well be in lock down or hospital by that time:frown2::frown2::frown2:

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
So far we didn't encounter ANY checks at all crossing into Spain or Portugal.
We were all prepared with all the necessary certs and tests but sailed straight through not seeing any police. But did see plenty on the other side going into France.

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ and 242633

·
Read Only
424 Posts
So far we didn't encounter ANY checks at all crossing into Spain or Portugal.
We were all prepared with all the necessary certs and tests but sailed straight through not seeing any police. But did see plenty on the other side going into France.

Ray.
The travel restrictions for UK residents begin at midnight tonight. I signed up for UK Gov 'Travel Updates' emails for France and Spain about 3 weeks ago; yesterday I received 4 emails for changes to French Regs and 1 for Spain! As a Scouse former work colleague once remarked to me, 'There's some really clever people employed at Regional Office; they're writing Bank Circulars quicker than I can read the bl**dy things ...'

Now I know how he felt :wink2:

Steve

·
Read Only
424 Posts
Hi Graham,

Judging by the measures the Welsh & Scottish Governments are putting in place, and the forecast for new infections, I don't think that there is the proverbial 'Hope in Hell' of a reopening by mid January. An initial Research Paper [yet to be Peer Reviewed] by Hong Kong University was reported yesterday. The rapid infection that Omicron carries is caused by it taking hold in the Bronchus 70 times quicker than Delta, but the passage into the Lungs is slower, explaining the 'milder symptoms'. The R Number is estimated at between 3 & 5 and the doubling rate of infections closer to 2 days than 3 days, BUT Profesor Susan Michie retweeted a Tweet from an another Researcher, whose name escapes me, highlighting the fact that the large scale switch to LFT from PCR Tests means that the figures from the latter, which are used to calculate the R number and anticipated growth rates, are reduced significantly, and it is inevitable that the actual number of UK citizens infected with Omicron is far, far higher than yesterday's record figures!

Grim news

Steve

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
Steve

Do you have a link for the travel updates for France and Spain?

·
Read Only
424 Posts
Hi Graham,

My apologies, I missed your reply! The link is: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-a...fcc-b82d-050263ad6589&utm_content=immediately

and this is the email I received yesterday at 13:12. Further updates [mainly clarifying that the 24 hour transit allowance applied only to Airport International Lounges], were received at 15:08 and 15:14, with the Spain update at 15:27. At each update, you need to start at the Entry Requirements Section and wade through the text spot the changes that have been made. Some ofthe changes are quite subtle and not the easiest to spot, unless you're Hercule Poirot!

Steve

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
Thanks Steve

I just did France from your link and also Spain as well.

Fingers still crossed!!

Reactions: 242633
1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.