Motorhome Facts Forum banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts

·
Read Only
424 Posts
France, Portugal and Greece poised to relax the need for pre-departure LFTs for vaccinated travellers; France expects to make an announcement this week, although no 'with effect from' date announced yet. We have LFTs booked for 18th February, with Ferry Crossing planned for 19th, so fingers crossed for an early date! the 'last vaccination within 270 days' criterion looks likely to remain

Steve

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Fingers crossed for you Steve. It's one less thing to worry about.

When Spain drop the requirement to be wearing masks outdoors on Thursday, it'll be interesting to see how much difference it makes.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
France, Portugal and Greece poised to relax the need for pre-departure LFTs for vaccinated travellers; France expects to make an announcement this week, although no 'with effect from' date announced yet. We have LFTs booked for 18th February, with Ferry Crossing planned for 19th, so fingers crossed for an early date! the 'last vaccination within 270 days' criterion looks likely to remain

Steve
Hope so as I am on the ferry to St Malo on the 19th as well. Got an LFT test for Sat morning booked so very much look forward to having to cancel that. Hoping to go to the Alps for a bit of walking in the snow. Need just a tad more new snow next week to make it nice and crunchy underfoot.

Alan

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Can you cancel the travel-style LFT Alan? I know I wasn't able to cancel the post-arrival LFT when I came home.
The Channel Islands do not operate the UK style system with apps. However quite a few Doctors Surgeries and Pharmacies do PCR (£80.00) and LFT testing (£30.00) while you wait so not a problem. However best to book a slot which I have done hence me being able to cancel HOPEFULLY.

Out of interest we heard this lunchtime that as of 17th Feb all restrictions in Guernsey are gone. No masks/testing/Travel Tracker/Inbound restrictions/Isolation etc. As the Bailiwick is close on 95% vaccinated and the hospital can cope if required the Government are giving us our freedom which is nice. Over to us now to do the right thing with each other.

Alan

·
Read Only
424 Posts
Elaine found a Tweet very late last night from the French Consul General at the London Embassy [in French], that seemed to indicate that the LFTs for vaccinated travellers would be waived from today, 12th February. No articles in the Guardian yet, and no UK Gov Email Travel Advice update, so watch this space!

Steve

UPDATE: Simon Calder article in The Independent confirms Consul General Tweet and says that Eurostar staff at St Pancras are no longer checking for pre departure LFTs. No mention of Statement sur l'honneur, so presume that is still required, but I don't think that they are being checked either!

Off now to cancel the Lloyds Pharmacy Tests arranged for 18th February. One interim deadline removed!

Steve

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Elaine found a Tweet very late last night from the French Consul General at the London Embassy [in French], that seemed to indicate that the LFTs for vaccinated travellers would be waived from today, 12th February. No articles in the Guardian yet, and no UK Gov Email Travel Advice update, so watch this space!

Steve
You beat me to it. Yes heard on the news and had a look online and found it somewhere but Gov sites not updated. As of today if fully vaccinated (3 shots) no PCR or LFT needed just a signed form to say your have not met any one Covid.

What a shame for the unvaccinated. Well that will teach em.

Just found this link. https://www.aninews.in/news/world/e...-border-sanitary-control-rules20220212030710/

A BETTER LINK NOW.

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918

Alan

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
That's all helpful news.

Our site is consistently full and as one unit leaves the space is taken by another. Speaking to a chap who arrived yesterday he said that our next place in Benicassim is also fully booked, so if more folks are coming out here I don't know where they will go!

The requirement to wear a mask when out and about was stopped on Thursday last however I am pleased to say that this has had little affect on its usage to our eyes. Still widespread even when walking around the streets and still 100% usage in shops.

Reactions: 242633

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Yep, not only sites look very full but trying to book a flat for NEXT YEAR is almost impossible as most are already booked till March 2023.
And yes most people are still wearing masks and not crowding up here in Algarve.

Ray.

Reactions: 242633
101 - 112 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.