Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is sport related !

22,000 plus Cambridge united fans travel to Wembley sunday 17th the majority of these were travelling on the Cambridge to Kings cross line.
Now we have been told that engineering work between Royston & letchworth means we have to board coaches at Royston :roll: I for see a catastrophe.
My question is would liverpool st be a more viable option & (a long shot) would this line share the same track as the kings cross line for a while till it splits off!
Posting this because someone on here must be more knowledgeable than me.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Hubby says they don't share the same line so there will be no probs, but look at the railway website for details because they could be having engineering work on other lines - they're well co-ordinated like that!

Lesley

·
Registered
621 Posts
moblee said:
It is sport related !

22,000 plus Cambridge united fans travel to Wembley sunday 17th the majority of these were travelling on the Cambridge to Kings cross line.
Now we have been told that engineering work between Royston & letchworth means we have to board coaches at Royston :roll: I for see a catastrophe.
My question is would liverpool st be a more viable option & (a long shot) would this line share the same track as the kings cross line for a while till it splits off!
Posting this because someone on here must be more knowledgeable than me.
22,000???????????? 8O 8O with an average home gate of 3-4,000, does that not wind you up.

I'm a gillingham supporter for my sins, and when we went to wembley we took 50,000.....where the hell did they all come from????? we couldn't fill the ground that season

Good Luck we may be there too, just have to beat Rochdale on Sunday :roll:

Doug

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
22,000???????????? 8O 8O with an average home gate of 3-4,000, does that not wind you up.
(Thanks Lesleykh)

Not really doug,I'd guess its made up of supporters who've come & gone over the years... plus Gloryhunters :lol:

Wembley is a big day out & hopefully we will get back in the league & stay there!!

Good luck against Rochdale.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thanks Phil

We have already had a 0-0 at Rochdale, so we just need a result at ours. Having done this play off thing twice before, I should be used to it.....the only thing i have learned is that hope normally leads to disappointment in football :roll: :roll: :roll: .

....good luck at Wembley

Doug

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We lost last year against Exeter city VERY harsh way to end a season :!:

I think your ground is called priestfield is that right? went there years ago with United 1-1

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Phil, as an ex Pye Telecom employee who lived in Chesterton in the late 70's I was interested in your post. I supported Cambridge in the great days when Ron Atkinson was manager and the team walked of with the old 4th division title before Christmas. I still see Steve Fallon at my sister's local pub in Histon when I go up to see her. My mother lived in Ditton Walk and the supporters club was our normal haunt.

I now live near Bournemouth and used to love it when Cambridge came down to play them. I thought for most of this season that Bournemouth would be in the same league as yourselves next year because of their dire position and it looks like that could still happen by another route!

As has been said the lines from Kings Cross [Great Northern Line] and Liverpool Street [North East London Line] are completely seperate, they only join together at Shepreth Junction.

Up the U's!

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice to hear rayc,I lived in Ditton fields :oops: for a short time,I live in Cherryhinton now
I remember the great days as well under Big Ron names like

Malcom webster
Tom finney
Stevie spriggs
Alan biley
Graham watson

You not going to Wembley then??

·
Registered
678 Posts
play offs

Just to wish all the teams in the play offs good luck , as a long standing
Dagenham & Redbridge fan exiled in sunny Maidstone.

Just failed to reach the play offs in our second season in div2 , which is a minor miracle when we are living on average home attendances of 1800 and a budget less than a small group of motorhomes !!!

I fancy the Gills to sneak it up to div1, as i rate the manger , but its a hell of a tough division for us minows

Footy at this level is what its really all about , as when going to away games its always a good laugh exchanging views with opposing fans over a beer or two

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.