hi peeps, just had a renwe quote for me 11 month old ford Globecar trendscout with safeguard £ 374 , smae quote with saga unlimited european cover £190 , no brainer , go Saga///////////////////
Like us all, I started the usual, annual, round of web site request/ telephone calls to get Insurance quotes a couple of weeks back. Tried numerous of the recommendations from this site too... (thanks!)
Now a member of the "Saga-set" 8O but the Saga web site didn't appear competitive a month or so ago, but when another "junk mail" letter arrived from them I thought I'd phone.
I don't think I've ever been offered so many discount options!
- 10% introductory discount
- A new customer £15 discount
- Suggested it may be cheaper to put the wife down as named driver ...but she'll never drive it as it's bigger than her Corsa :roll: .. doesn't matter though...all discounts welcome thank you!
- Another £20 off. if I have a no obligation Car insurance quote too
- (and £20 off THAT Car Insurance quote, coz I'm having a MH quote too!)
- Protected No Claims
- Legal cover (optional)
- Full UK & Euro 365 day breakdown cover (7m van covered ok) £87
OK ... I haven't got the £30 - £50K MH often referred to on MHF
but all the above cover on a £20K (and brilliant with it
) 6 berth Swift for £185 annual premium!!!
All other quotes £100-200 more .... no brainer. Saga's Car Insurance quote was good too!!
Obviously these first year/ new customer discounts mean that next year Saga not be as competitive but Saga got my cash this year.
Worth a phone call if you are in the market soon? If you get Shiraz (the chap that did all my quote options at Saga ... not the wine!) he's a star.
Good bargain hunting
(Off to France in August and s*d the Exchange Rate! :lol: )[/quote]