Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
trigano tribute

hi all,
I am thinking of trading in my Benimar Top C/L for a Trigano Tribute, as we need something smaller now .I would be interested on the views of anyone who has purchased one lately and info on the recalls. I am presently in Spain , but I am on my way back(Sunday) to the Lincoln Motorhome Show to see what is available.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trigano

Hi

ive had mine 10 months now and am really pleased with it, have had an assortment of motorhomes and caravans over the year from big to small etc.

value for money i think the trigano gives a good deal, 2 nice single beds which i need, fairly big shower unit and excellent storage. i thought i would have missed the gas oven but i havnet as ive had a small electric one and its great when on electric.

it drives well, very comfortable and easy.

the only changes ive made is that ive fitted a small mirror to the wardrobe door to save ahving to keep going in shower room and ahe purchased a small folding table for eating off for outside. which goes behind the toilet compartment inside the back door.

overall i am pleased with the van and hopefully have a for a good few years,

if u need any more quesiton then ask mate

keith

· Registered
58 Posts
Hiya Everyone :D , My hubby and I have just traded in our 5 berth Buccaneer Caravel for a Trigano and we are so pleased to read that quite a few members like the model.
We collect it this Thursday from Brownhills in Canock (why are there not very many Scottish motorhome dealers!!!!! :( ) and then go straight up to the highlands for a week..
Looking forward to it

Teddy

· Registered
259 Posts
Glad you like it. We looked seriously at them but opted for Autosleeper again.

Your comments on the oven made me laugh as it sounds like cooking in our house where the oven has packed in so everything needs to be grilled or microwaved. Quite funny as the van oven is better than the house one.

Anyone think we need to go oven shopping ?

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
re Trigano

HI

welcome to the land of trigano, one word of caution be on the look out for the engine immobiliser key code deonst always recognise the key as i i have found :( . It seemed to be worse when the engine was either hot or the van was parked with the engine facing the sun and all the dashboard got hot. this problem started after about 1500 miles. hopefully the problem is now sorted as my local fiat dealer has fitted a new key code box.

enjoy scotland we have just come back for a tour up there, started at
gretna green
stranraer
culzean castle
dingwall
grummore
dunstan head
john o groats
inverness (culloden)
stirling (scone palace)
moffat
home

all the best

keith :D

· Registered
201 Posts
Beds in Trigano Tribute

Hello to all. We're brand new motor home owners, and after a week away in an old rented Autotrail Badger, we have now purchased a sparkling new Trigano Tribute. We are very pleased with it, except for the fact that we have not yet found a mutually comfortable sleeping position. Do people turn the cushions over to sleep on? What do you put on top of them or do you sleep directly on the cushions? Do you use sleeping bags or quilts? I suspect we shall end up sleeping on the single beds as it makes life slightly easier with the dog in the van and with visits to the loo during the night.

We're as green as green can be, and any advice for a more comfortable night will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance. :) :p

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
re bed

HI

welcome to the land of trigano, we use the beds as two singles as we have a dog and she goes out the back door during the night and it makes it easier for the loo.

trial and error with the cushions, but we have had many motorhomes and caravans and this is the best sleep ive ever had.

any more questions just ask

regards

keith

· Registered
537 Posts
Weaver - we use a matress overlay from Ikea. They are available in different thicknesses, we have the 1' size and smooths out any lumps and bumps and ridges for a comfortable night.

A

· Registered
201 Posts
chuggalugs said:
Weaver - we use a matress overlay from Ikea. They are available in different thicknesses, we have the 1' size and smooths out any lumps and bumps and ridges for a comfortable night.

A

Thank you for that information. I need to go to IKEA anyway in the near future and shall certainly look at the catalogue and invest in one!

Looking forward to a comfy night.
Thanks
L

· Registered
62 Posts
The beds in the Trigano Tribute.

Hi,

We have made our own two single beds for the Tribute by purchasing foam, ply-board and material, topped off with memory foam.

I had to make an extra fold down panel on the nearside to support one of the beds. They store on the offside as a settee when not in use and are easy to manouver into position at bed time.

This has transformed the ease of use and comfort factor greatly.

I now store all the original cushions, so when I come to sell, they will be pristine. The cost of this modification was less than £100.

The other thing I have had to replace is one of the interior lights. The quality of the original one was very poor. (Cost £10).

My drivers door electric window stopped working about 3 months ago. This was repaired under warranty.

The Tribute has covered about 11000 miles now and has been superb. The 2.3 Jtd engine is a dream and pulls my little Suzuki Carry on a A Frame with no problem at all.

Have a look at my advert in the classified section for the Towball mounted box. This is an excellent accessory for a Tribute, providing that much needed extra storage space for items like deck chairs, boots, wellies, ramps, electric cables and all the other odds and ends.

Regards,

Ian.

· Registered
201 Posts
Re: The beds in the Trigano Tribute.

trigano said:
Hi,

We have made our own two single beds for the Tribute by purchasing foam, ply-board and material, topped off with memory foam.

I had to make an extra fold down panel on the nearside to support one of the beds. They store on the offside as a settee when not in use and are easy to manouver into position at bed time.

This has transformed the ease of use and comfort factor greatly.

I now store all the original cushions, so when I come to sell, they will be pristine. The cost of this modification was less than £100.

The other thing I have had to replace is one of the interior lights. The quality of the original one was very poor. (Cost £10).

My drivers door electric window stopped working about 3 months ago. This was repaired under warranty.

The Tribute has covered about 11000 miles now and has been superb. The 2.3 Jtd engine is a dream and pulls my little Suzuki Carry on a A Frame with no problem at all.

Have a look at my advert in the classified section for the Towball mounted box. This is an excellent accessory for a Tribute, providing that much needed extra storage space for items like deck chairs, boots, wellies, ramps, electric cables and all the other odds and ends.

Regards,

Ian.
Sounds great! Don't think we are quite up to any conversions like that, but memory foam is something else my husband mentioned when we discussed IKEA matrasses. Our lights seem fine, although we were disappointed at first there weren't any small ones we could switch off when in bed. It hasn't proved much of a problem so far,

Will look at your advert, although we haven't collected enough clobber yet to merit extra storage. Our chairs fit neatly behind our seats and boots go under the seat by the door. So far we take the van with us wherever we want to go, as my husband is partially sighted and isn't allowed to drive or ride a bike on the road. However, we noticed that we might be able to use bikes off the road at a lot of sites so are considering buying some, maybe.

Thanks for the advice

Louise

· Registered
1 Posts
Trigano Tribute Owners

Hi everyone.We just used our new tribute this weekend and had a few teething problems.i hope someone may be able to help with.
We plugged in the leads to the tv aerial socket but no luck with picture.Is it an integrated interior tv aerial fitted to the van.tried an internal aerial which worked fine but pretty space consuming.What type of aerial do you use? :?
Also the slat on the nearside front cupboard to hold up the mid bed section broke anyone had similar? :oops:
Can Anyone please help us out.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Grahaem

re the TV socket, I take it that you have had an ariel fitted to the external roof of your tibute, the socket may be there as it is a standard fixture but then you have to have an ariel fitted, if u have did u turn it on in the wardrobe as well as there being two settings high and low, plus the ariel wont work if the light switch on the control panel isnt switched on.

cant help witht he bed slats though

regards

keith

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.