Motorhome Facts Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a Truma C 6002 water/space heater in a 2004 Mclouis Tandy. The heater had a problem with combustion fan which has been replaced. When out of the vehicle it works perfectly - great heat output. Back in the motorhome and it ignites but then cuts out to show red light. Gas supply fine. Flue fine. All works perfectly out of the vehicle so no idea why it won’t work when only difference is being sited within cupboard of camper! Somebody must know what it may be. Any advice gratefully received.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
46,074 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,966 Posts
Hi all. I have a Truma C 6002 water/space heater in a 2004 Mclouis Tandy. The heater had a problem with combustion fan which has been replaced. When out of the vehicle it works perfectly - great heat output. Back in the motorhome and it ignites but then cuts out to show red light. Gas supply fine. Flue fine. All works perfectly out of the vehicle so no idea why it won't work when only difference is being sited within cupboard of camper! Somebody must know what it may be. Any advice gratefully received.
Thank you.
When it is outside the vehicle is it using the on board gas supply and regulator?

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Truma 6002 flashing red light low voltage, fixed red light gas supply. Try put the gas rings on and the oven if you have one. Then turn the heater on. See what happens to the gas rings. May be a regulator problem.

·
Premium Member
7,966 Posts
Hi. No - separate bottle.
Have you tried running it on the separate bottle (and regulator ?) whilst it is installed in the motorhome?

When installed in the motorhome using the onboard bottle and regulator does the boiler work ok or does it fail on both water and heating?

When I had a very similar problem it was due to the regulator failing to allow full flow of gas at start up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.