Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[align=justify]Hi all
we will be picking eddie up at the weekend :lol: but as we have to travel on the train we can't take the tv for maiden voyage - this will mean missing DR WHO :(
anyway we have been trying to decide how to address the tv problem - considering TFT tvs and invertors but now think the best solution would be to get a tv card for laptop as this also has a built in dvd player! :idea: :wink:

anyway can anyone suggest what type to buy ( don't want internal ) and where i can get a car adaptor for the laptop : :?:

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
We've got a Haupaage TV tuner from PC World. Works a treat on a laptop. We tried the digital version first but no signal on the site we were at so we went for the analogue- thinking that more sites will have an analogue signal than digital

Very easy to set up. No remote but we get round it by using a wireless mouse.
It gives a good steady picture and we are most impressed - and won't go back to TV either.

( We were warned not to try the cheaper versions and have since been told that Haupaage are the best)

G

·
Registered
422 Posts
You will probably be better off buying an analogue version (at least until it is phased out :( ), unless you camp in better reception areas.

If you did want a digital terrestrial, however, I would strongly recommend the USB version from www.nebula-electronics.com.

Regularly rated as the best digital card available in the UK, mainly because the interface and software is much better than any other (though it also pulls more channels at home than my Freeview box!).

Not the cheapest, but comes with software allowing hard disk recording and transfer to DVD, and a remote that you can use to drive your DVD playing software as well.

I've two versions, PCI and USB on the kids' PC's and both are excellent.

·
Registered
845 Posts
hi guys

we use huppage win tv external usb, analogue. needs a decent signal strength, we got a 12v -12v dc-dc laptop adaptor for the cig lighter from doug at action replay . also at maplins ect ect.
cheers
kenny+stella

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Trevor: Lots of UK campsites are in places where there is no digital signal and you will be left with a blank screen. We have the analogue box and even in quite a weak signal area we can get a good picture with it. If you really want the range of digital programmes then a cheap Freeview box used with it would be a better option when you are somewhere with a digital signal. It's going to be some time before the analogue signal is switched off altogether.

G.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.