Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,771 Posts
Hi and welcome

I think the 'belt and braces' approach is to weigh the MH on both axles and then contact the tyre manufacturer and speak to them.

Failing that if they are Camper tyres then as far as I'm aware, the recommended pressure is the maximum that is stated on tyre.

More generally, usually I think the recommended tyre pressures would either be in your handbook or maybe even on a plate/sticker on one of the front door columns perhaps?

Hopefully some others will come along shortly with better suggestions or to correct me if I'm wrong :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and welcome

I think the 'belt and braces' approach is to weigh the MH on both axles and then contact the tyre manufacturer and speak to them.

Failing that if they are Camper tyres then as far as I'm aware, the recommended pressure is the maximum that is stated on tyre.

More generally, usually I think the recommended tyre pressures would either be in your handbook or maybe even on a plate/sticker on one of the front door columns perhaps?

Hopefully some others will come along shortly with better suggestions or to correct me if I'm wrong :)
Thank you for your reply 👍

·
Premium Member
9,771 Posts
From one Graham to another (y)

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,424 Posts
I found it very difficult to get the figures I wanted - basically the advice was run at max 80psi (which I didn't find comfortable). I think I ended up using the figures for a different tyre for my axle weights and adjusting from there. ATM I'm running at 56 front and 68 rear (IIRC).

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
When I picked mine up, during the handover I asked about tyre pressure and was told 5.5 atm front and rear. I later found a sticker on the door pillar with the same information.
That's what I've used since.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Quite possibly I'd say. Although I'd expect a higher pressure for the conversion rather than the base vehicle.
The place I bought from is a reasonably sized dealership and seemed knowledgeable, quoting the figure immediately I asked. That's not to say that he'd seen it earlier, or quotes that for any vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,424 Posts
I'd say the latter.... I did read in the last year or two that pressures were just being advised as the default 5.5 bar or 80psi. Seems silly when the axle weights (front/back and MH to MH) can vary considerably.

·
Premium Member
9,771 Posts
I have been told by two reputable sources that CP camper specific tyres should be run at the maximum advised, which is typically 70 or 80 psi (differs depending on load rating I believe).

I run mine at 70psi at the rear and 65psi at the front and find that comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found it very difficult to get the figures I wanted - basically the advice was run at max 80psi (which I didn't find comfortable). I think I ended up using the figures for a different tyre for my axle weights and adjusting from there. ATM I'm running at 56 front and 68 rear (IIRC).
Thank you, I was thinking around what u have said.

·
Premium Member
9,771 Posts
I suppose the other thing to consider is wear patterns as well. If run too high they will wear in the middle more than the sides. This was another reason I run slightly lower pressures at the front as I noticed it happening to my front tyres.

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts