Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Anyone found a good value for money offering for UK & Europe Breakdown & Recovery? (Not just cheap if the service is rubbish)
Have annual Travel Insurance as part of another package so looking for this cover only.
Are members of Caravan & Caravan & Camping Clubs
Van is 6.5M Long, 3m High and 3.5t GVM
Many thanks

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Some of the insurance companies include AA continental cover in with the vans package have you considered this.

off topic,,,
You didnt by any chance have Jinks as a nickname during your teens by any chance?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Post subject: UK & Europe Breakdown Cover

:) Thanks, will look at the combined cover as my M/Home Insurance will be due when I go away. Any firms you know of?
No, Jinks is only used be a few and has been used from when I was little

·
Registered
565 Posts
Do stress to the recovery agent that your vehicle is the size and weight it is, as some take your money but then refuse to recover you due to your size.

Even after you have purchased your cover, write to them to check as I found my initial enquiry with the RAC that they claimed that I wasn't covered, even though I stressed the size of my vehicle when my cover was purchased with my vehicle insurance. :x

After complaining to RAC customer services that they had taken my money even though they knew they couldn't recovery me, one of the 'top floor' managers wrote back and apologised that the first letter writer had made a mistake as I was covered on a special policy. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:? Many thanks, I have heard of similar happenings in the past and that's why I put the size of my Roadstar on when I asked for help on this subject, so hopefully anyone saying a company was good meant they covered what they take the money for.
Kind regards. Jinks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Jinks
If you are a member of the Caravan and Camping club the RAC do a special scheme for members called "Arrival" with no limits on weight or length.
mike b

·
Registered
301 Posts
Breakdown cover

After trying RAC and others I finally ended up with Caravan Club Mayday and found them to repair if possible by the road, first and when they can't they do without hassle move you by that same agent on to where you are going, and even will bring you back if they can't fix you. All for £60

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UK & Europe Breakdown recovery

:( You are quite right, Mayday only covers UK. You have to have their Red Pennant for Europe which is a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Comfort Insurance offer RAC breakdown at a very reasonable rate, it is often worth tying the two items together
8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.