Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised my update on our 1st ever and xmas rally. We went with the East Kent Group of the Caravan Club to Minster near Ramsgate, Kent. Four of us went in our Benimar and we were quite apprehensive as we didn't know anyone. We need'nt have worried. We arrived in this huge great field with a nice scout club house which had been adorned with Xmas decorations inside and out. We were warmly welcomed and shown to out pitch but ufortunately we got stuck so decided to stay where we were. Every possible thing was laid on we even had Santa on Xmas morning for the few children amongst us and we also got presents each. Entertainment was superb, we even had a massive bonfire and all stood round singing carols. Xmas dinner was excellent with a beautifully decorated table and the full monty food wise. We all did our stint washing up although I kept out of the cooking department (didn't think they would appreciate my blow lamp cookery). Boxing day was also excellent and they all went off to the pantomine and we 4 went to the superb local pub. We had to leave a day early due to other commitments and we were happily towed out by the 4x4's. Betty and Roger the Marshalls, were marvellous and we cannot thank them enough.

Ken

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one thing I suppose about going away for Xmas is the excitement and anticipation, which is sadly lacking nowadays with Xmas at home. This was the main reason for us getting into motorhomming in the 1st place. We used to go away weekends and short breaks etc. to hotels but there was no adventure spirit. Now we are like little school kids when we go in our motorhome. It's lovely and most important, Wifey loves it.

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.