Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Vodafone Dongle, which for people who don't use more than 1GB Per Month or just require ad-hoc internet access is available for £39 online.

There is also £10 cashback available if you go through www.topcashback.co.uk or www.quidco.co.uk. If you don't already have an account with either, Top Cashback is the best. Basically you get the comission that an advertisor would have got had you clicked on an advert.

Makes the dongle £29 which includes a £15 (1GB) TopUp to get you started.

If you use the dongle for your main internet, every month, then for £15 you get 3GB from Three but TopUps only last 30 days.

The Vodafone dongle is best for most users.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/retailerdetailVodafone_-_Personal.htm

http://www.quidco.com/vodafone/

Thanks.

·
Administrator
18,638 Posts
thanks for that one Addie.

As has been said on previous threads, the Vodafone dongle PAYG is the best one for "casual" internet access. I bought one in March, and used it when away in the van for e-mail access and surfing (including hours on here!), and I've still only used up about £5 of my £15.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have just recently purchased one, really easy to set up, I have just recently been away for a few days, used it 4 times to access my email total cost so far 10p excellent buy for casual users as the balance does not time out like other dongles purchased from other companies such as O2

Alan

·
Premium Member
22,850 Posts
We bougfht one back in March and it is brilliant, used regulalry yet we have only got through £2 of credit so far.

Just make sure that;

a) you use it at least once every 3 months

b) you do not try to use it overseas - it may work but would cost a fortune!

Dave

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is possible to purchase a Spanish Sim card for use in this dongle.

The sim should be under €10 (or you can buy from ebay.es) and top ups last 90 days rather than unlimited. However they are €59 for 1GB which is a bit steep (other options are €39 for 400MB and €19 for 150MB). You can see what you use in the UK to work out if that would be good value for you.

One way to save on Data is to download a plugin for firefox, which allows you to 'turn off' images you see on webpages unless you click to allow them to load.

Also make sure any automatic updates of software, such as Anti Virus and Windows Update are turned off and you'd be surpirsed how little data is required. If you use POP3 e-mail you can choose to download 'headers' only (the Sender and Subject only) so that you are not charged for downloading spam.

If people are interested, I could write more.

More information on Spain here:
http://translate.google.com/transla...sb/bonos-prepago/&sl=es&tl=en&history_state0=

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.