Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone heard of or seen a VW KARMEN KAMPER
COACHBUILT, NOT LT OR COMBI RUST BUCKET, i saw one at vw show in Southsea 2yr. ago. WOULD LIKE 2 BUY ONE.
smudge

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Smudge
Yes I've seen two, had a look around one at Brownhills, Nice motor, it was on two levels, which rather spoilt it, also its base vehicle was a T3 which I find from previous experience ( had a Komet for 7 years ) suffered in cross winds something chronic, and that was a hi-top.
HTH
Regards

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
A couple of years ago Campbells, Nr Preston started to import them, and they looked very nice motors, however the blue demo models seemed to stick. I dont know if they still bring them in but they were well made and details which are normally skimped on seem very well finished

·
Registered
209 Posts
KARman camper

Hi smudge yes i have seen the karman camper that you are looking for as i used to go to a lot of vw shows. try Bilbos add is in MMM. or get a copy of vw motoring mag, and place a addvert in. The campers were usally used in south africa try to get one with the 2.1 litre engine fuel injected as these are the most reliable dont forget the engines where in the rear so most wheight is placed on the back end hence the front wandering in the wind, and it is about ten years since these vans were last made but the base vw (type 3 ) was still inported to south africa untill recently. good hunting CALYPSO. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.