Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( We had the heating on over the weekend - all we managed to do was fill the van with smelly dust particles! The heat managed to come out from beside the warm air heater and slightly from the vent nearest the door. How long should we expect the heat to take to get to all the vents? What is the thermostat near the sink to be used for? It says "dot ; off position: and A". Is this used to moderate the temperature? Mind you the van comes directly from Germany perhaps that makes a difference to the instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated - we were freezing on Saturday night. We turned on the hob to keep us warm! Thanks.

· Registered
3,813 Posts
Hi Sundial, and welcome to MHF :!: A fair amount of dust does accumulate within the blown air heating system if not used for a while, and the smell of burning dust (similar to turning on the gas fire at home after the summer) is more noticeable in the 'van.

The thermostat near the sink turned fully on will allow the heater to stay on longer, the outlet vents/nozzles of the blown air system may need to be balanced to obtain a comfortable ambient temp. i.e. close some partialyy, open some fully etc. It's down to trial and error really for what bests suits you. :D

M&D :)

· Registered
3,813 Posts
P.S Your post is in the wrong section (Newcomers) no doubt one of the Mods will move it in due course, take time out to have a look at the site and get some feel for it, then post under the right heading regarding any points you want to raise. Don't worry we've all done it! 8O Best regards M&D :)

· Registered
237 Posts
Hi Sundial, you may have a Truma Vent similar to ours. It has a three-position switch, an "eyebrow" looking mark, a dot, and an A. Underneath is a dial, 1 to 5.

The eyebrow :lol: gives manual fan speed control (e.g. for cold air circulation). The fan speed is regulated by the dial. I found out only recently :roll: that it helps keep the fridge cold in summer.

The dot is off.

The A is for automatic speed control (heating).

If this sounds like yours, p.m. me with your e-mail or address and I'll scan a copy for you of the booklet I have, or you may be able to find info on the Truma website.

Regards,
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.