Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - you may notice I've a thread running re a problem with the van,
on that basis, can anyone tell me if a base vehicle warranty automatically transfers with a van?
Our 12 month dealer warranty is 3 weeks out of date - but the vehicle was first registered in September 2006 so I'm hoping I might find the base vehicle is still covered?
I suspect it's a slim hope - but might be worth a try

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Kelcat said:
Hi - you may notice I've a thread running re a problem with the van,
on that basis, can anyone tell me if a base vehicle warranty automatically transfers with a van?
Our 12 month dealer warranty is 3 weeks out of date - but the vehicle was first registered in September 2006 so I'm hoping I might find the base vehicle is still covered?
I suspect it's a slim hope - but might be worth a try
Hi,

Cannot see any reason why not, if the chassis/cab has a warranty for three years it should not be restricted to first owner.

Peter

·
Premium Member
7,970 Posts
The first thing to find out is if the vehicle is still in warranty in any event. Go to a dealer in your chassis supplier e.g. Fiat with the V5. They will then check using the registration number or VIN when the warranty started and the duration. If it is in the warranty period and you require warranty work they may ask for proof that it has been serviced in accordance with the schedule in the service handbook. If the service had been carried out by the agent, e.g. Fiat, they will have all the records on their database in any event.
Have you any actual problems with the vehicle?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Thanks for the quick response guys - had to go out for food as we thought we'd be away :(
Yes - currently have prob with the sprintshift - which I suspect might not be covered by warranty. The van is nearly 3 years old (1st registered set 06) but has only done 7k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.