Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 42mm waste outlet on my CI CIPRO and want to make up a waste pipe to run into a container, waste hog or something. I cannot seem to find anything in my searches so have to ask has anyone done the same? I know there will be lots of yes's to this but i am a newbie to all this stuff so simple instructions would be helpful. Also if anyone has a CI cipro and overcome this it would be good to hear how.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Darren

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Waste

Hi Darren

A few options, but the cheapest is probably a trip to the garden centre/fish pond place and buy some of that flexi piping that carries water through fish pond filters etc. Failing that, maybe the flexi pipe from a vacuum cleaner. You can use a large jubilee clip to hold the pipe on your waste outlet.

Russell

If there is no pond place near you, here is a link so at least you know what you are looking for. I use this type of stuff all the time when emptying waste.

http://www.aquatix-2u.co.uk/acatalog/black_corrugated_flexible_hose.html

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I bought some recently from a pond supplier after looking in a couple of garden centres. I did find that the external/internam diameters do vary by a few millimetres so measure carefully and take care when purchasing. The first garden centre we looked at were selling it as 40mm but the batch they had on sale was only 38mm so wouldn't have fitted. They also had a short length (not enough for us) from their previous roll which was 41mm. :roll:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the ideas, i was thinking pond hose so i wasn't far off the mark! I guess just use a pond reducer if i need to use smaller dia hose to get into waste container. I believe some sites allow waste into hedges, if so then that makes it a bit easier.

Once again thanks for you time

Darren

·
Premium Member
4,440 Posts
Clear flexible hose:-

If the bore is too small.....dip the end in boiling water.......insert the jaws of a set of pliers in the end and open the pliers to stretch the end wider.

Hold it and dip in cold water (or hold under a cold tap).

The stretched end will very slowly go back to it's original size giving plenty of time to connect it.

If it doesn't reduce to the original size simply pour hot water on it.

PS This doesn't work for reinforced or corrugated hose.....obviously!
When buying corrugated hose it's wise to purchase the internally smooth types.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Having the same problem, but settled on old vacuum hose, as it was larger than that I had already purchased. Also sufficient around the top to cut out right angled bits for the notches on the waste bracket under the vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.