Motorhome Facts Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It looks to me as if the bonking has switched hands, or beaks because the one that's doing it is the one with the twig on it´s head and that's number 2, the little one.
Someone flew off with the remains of the rabbit around 10am their time this morning. I was honoured yesterday when I saw Mum move away from the babies, stick her bum over the edge and hopefully nobody was walking underneath 😁

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
One parent was sitting on the chicks protecting them then the other bedraggled parent came and stood close by (tho not on the protective side). They were like that for ages before the 1st one (I can't tell the difference between Mum n Dad) flew away. But the 2nd was ages before he moved to protect the chicks.
I do find them fascinating to watch n have missed my fix for today!
On the 11th I pointed out the young one had the twig on it´s head.

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I´m just watching them, the parent left them alone at 4 am Florida time and they are still alone at 8 am, but I can hear one of the parents calling so obviously not far away.
I thought the bonking had stopped, and as I thought it one bashed the other.
Organism Grass Monochrome photography Terrestrial animal Soil
Organism Grass Monochrome photography Terrestrial animal Soil

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,720 Posts
Haven't watched them for a couple of days. They're certainly getting big. The one I think of as the bullied one was also getting stepped on by the parent, with the claw over his neck and him unable to get out of it. He nearly got his own back on his bully sibling when he raised n wiggled his bum then shot a missile, just missing sibling's wing!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts