Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all

Having just bought our MH it wasn't until I got it home that I realised that although I can fill up on fresh water with a hose if close to tap when I am not close to a tap and have to use our Aqua roll there is no way of pumping it on-board.

I can understand I can have one of those Whale things fitted but for the time being is there some external way of pumping out of the Aqua roll in to on-board tank.

I do remember a few years ago a pump attachment you attached to the end of your drill but have not seen any around for a while

Can you help?

BB

· Registered
559 Posts
Hello! I use a 10 litre polythene jerry can with a nozzle turned the other way. Means several trips, but it is not too heavy to carry and does the job well.

sounds like you have a nice new MH hope you enjoy it!

John 8)

· Registered
237 Posts
Hi Bertha,
We've got a five gallon container with a large opening (not sure what the Aquaroll is like). We use a 12v submersible pump plugged into the cigar lighter (on a long cable), which works fine. Just have a connection or switch near to container so you can switch off immediately it reaches bottom.
Have fun,
Chris

· Registered
284 Posts
Hi Bertha,

Similar to Jabber, I use one of those cheap plastic watering cans (without the rose!) - about 3 euro's from a supermarket. Seems to be a well favoured accessory on the continent. Nice and light to carry in the van boot and the spout is the perfect size and angle for pouring the contents rapidly.

Does the job admirably and I don't even bother with getting a hose out these days.

nth

· Registered
1,592 Posts
Hello Again

We do have that 12 volt thingy that Chrissy speaks of but very often Other half uses a 10l itre container we carry for drinking water. He uses a suitable size food grade funnel and a piece of plastic tubing food grade on the end of it which fits the opening nicely. Or it used to on previous vans dont see the new oneis any different.

Motorhomer

· Registered
204 Posts
What you want is a Jabsco Water Puppy and a couple of lengths of hose to suit, screw the pump tp a small wooden base and fit it with a 12v cigarette lighter plug. Eureka you have the means of shifting quite large amounts of water fairly quickly, you can even fill your tank from a convenient stream [preferably a Scottish mountain stream] with this set up.
John

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Although we carry a hose we rarely use it as it is too much hassle.
We prefer to use two 5 litre insulated containers (Camping Gaz I think) and top up frequently to about half full so that we don't have to take on board too much water at any one time. After filling the tank the two full containers sit quite nicely in the bottom of the wardrobe for use as our drinking water.

Using 2 containers like this we find they are not too heavy to handle and when filling from a borne in France with the press down, spring loaded taps one of us can fill a container while the other empties it into the tank through a funnel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.