Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a problem with water dripping from under bathroom tap fitting. I believe its a Reich make. The jubilee clips appear tight securing the hoses, but the cold connection rotates under the tap and seems to improve if I turn it clockwise (looking underneath). Would it be a washer or seal? Replacement taps are aroung £50-60!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I've just had the same bother, and it ended up with a new tap. If you're lucky you may be able to get away with just replacing the capsule inside (I think they're about £18 instead of £60ish for a new one). I'm pretty sure there was a useful thread on here about all this very recently.

·
Registered
18 Posts
leaky tap

Hi rexos, sorry to hear about your problem, i can understand why you ask, i have just had to replace a tap in our washroom of our LUNAR CHAMP, and boy what a hassle, there is no room to move all pipes are cut exactly as well, any way the cold and hot connectors should both be able to move-spin, there is a small o ring on the blue and red units that turn unfortunately dont try and pull these units out as they are held in with a small pin, you should be able with the help of a small mirror held against the threaded part of the underside of the tap, be able to see the small pin you will need a very small screwdriver to push the pin back to allow these parts to pull down, replace the o rings and push back in again, only problem is getting access to push pin back again, as i said i decided to replace the whole tap, and what a hassle i extended the pipes to allow better access, if you can have a look at a new tap you will see the pin im talking about, sorry for so long winded story but ive been there , all the best JIM

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
water leak

Thank you both for your replies. Am just back home after a week away in my truck and as I`m away again tonight I`ll have to wait until next week to have a go. Have also been advised to get a pack of assorted washers from B&Q. Replacement looks a real pain though. Thanks again, Rex

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Hi Rex,

Long time no see. :wink:

It sounds like it may only need some adjusting.
Here is the link that MikeMoss was referring to.
Moblee, managed to repair his in the end, as the cartridge had only dislodged itself.

HTH,

Jock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.