Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:roll: Brand new to motorhoming having just bought (privately) a 2004 model with only 2,700 miles on the clock. Had one nights' trial run at home then out into the "big wide world", well actually about 60mls from home. Everything working like clockwork (too good to be true) After parking up for the night and checking again, still no problems. When returning to the 'van after about three hours found to our disbelief that we could not run any water, the hook-up had tripped but we changed sockets and all other electrics were fine. Does the gas water heater fill up automatically when fired up as this was the only action we had taken?Would appreciate any comments. Sue Reynard

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hello suefox and welcome to MHF. You say that the electrics tripped and that you connected to another socket. That would suggest that you tripped the RCD or the MCB due to an overload. Did you plug something in like a domestic kettle. What was the size of the MCB. To answer your question the water heater fills up when the pump is first turned on providing you have the hot tap open in the kitchen, if you don't open any taps it can airlock resulting in a possible problem with the heater, The pump works off the 12v battery side and not the 230v system. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water pump

Hi Rain Dancer , Thanks so much for your prompt reply. Is it necessary to prime the pump each time the water heater is switched on? We have since located the fault ( hopefully), a loose connection on the pressure? switch which is attached to the underside of the pump, when this is wiggled (technical term) the pump works. We are hoping this is a separate part that can easily be replaced, as we are keen to be "on the road" again soonest. Two more queries, getting cheeky now ,and why are these facts not dealt with in the handbook? a separate issue I suppose.
Question 1:-We can not locate a switch for the outside light which is constantly lit whilst the power source is there.
Question 2:- What is the purpose of the switch located under the cooker (in the storage compartment) to the right-hand side, marked Ultraheat, hope I don't sound too thick.!!
Thanks again suefox

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hello suefox.

1 try pressing the button marked AUX on the control panel above the entrance door this controls the awning light.
2 The switch marked ultra heat is for the electric water heating / heating( the heater works on both gas and electric if you are on electric hook up that is.)

No you don't have to prime your water heater every time. The only time you have to is when you drain it off such as winter time which is also a very good idea. . If you want to drain the system look for a little lever close to the water heater and lift it up . That will drain the heater out through the outlet pipe under the van. Glad to see that you have become a motorhomer. Maybe you might even become an Autotrailer one day, let me know if you want any more info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Rain dancer, once again many thanks for your help, what a great site this is. What a conincidence that our "maiden voyage" was to Beverley, not the most successful as you can imagine, also took pot luck with the site won't mention any names but left alot to be desired!!! Regards Suefox

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hello suefox

I trust all the info was OK. Why did you mention Beverley not many sites there in fact there are only 2 and one is a cl which MHF use as a rally site. I hope it didn't put you off my part of the country. We are very proud of Yorkshire.

ps did you get my private message.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.