Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,413 Posts
Hi

TCP Its from the plastic, occassionally manufacturers are using non food grade hoses etc.

I have gone for the full monty in purification, at demo's the sales man will filter canal/river water and drink. £140 ish but the water as all naff tastes removed and any other nasties. this is in spite of having a large (one off) food grade stainless steel tank. at places like the NEC they have a tank of blue ink and tons and tons of chlorine in after the filter crystal clear and lovely taste.

The TCP is the worst because even in Tea and coffe its there andtastes awful.

· Registered
2,413 Posts
Hi Rose

Look through the specs whats not to trust? thesethings get used with terrible water supplies no probs at all.

I have never liked the idea of lugging a seperate drinking water supply, it seems to be an added hassle that i could do without. If you are going to use a tank system I really cant see the point of having to fetch it seperately to drink. And with this kind of system you know the water is safe.

Grizzley I am not sure what you are talking about a filtration system doesnt add salts, can you clarify what you mean?

· Registered
2,413 Posts
Hi

I am totally with Ben and Lizzie on this, Its not only a great safety device and makes life easier, it also makes the water taste good too.

Saying I have drunk the water for years no problem, what does that mean exactly? Most people have never been electrocuted so lets forget RCD's ? Some people do have far better defences against water borne diseases its true, but with drinking water drawn from far and wide I would rather be safe than sorry.

Many people think UK water is totally safe and in general thats true, but the chlorine added only protects the water for a short time, allsorts of nasties can develop in tank water.

This is from the DWI

Water from storage can be safe to drink, providing the cistern:

is not too large, so that standing water is limited (25 litres (5 gallons) per home is the guideline);
is flushed to waste should the water not have been used recently, depending on circumstances such as warmth and number of days unused;

has a lid which excludes light and is tightly fitting and securely fastened, so that birds, vermin, and dirt cannot get in;
has vents, including overflow, that are screened so that insects and particles cannot get in;
is insulated and in a cool place so that, ideally, the temperature does not exceed 20° C;
is cleaned, and disinfected annually as recommended. Cleaning is very important in order to remove even inorganic debris which could provide a habitat for bacteria, including legionella; and
is periodically sampled to ensure that too many bacteria are not present (depending on circumstances, between two and four times a year is normally advised).
However, water quality in storage can deteriorate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.