Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice or information about taking a motorhome over the Weissentein Pass (between Gänsbrunnen and Oberdorf) in the Jura Mountains. We'd be travelling in July in a just over 6 metre long 3.5 tonne motorhome.

I know parts of it are steep, 20%, but can't find out about width, passing places, very tight turns etc.. Input from anyone who has been over it would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
31,754 Posts
We did most of Jura last year but not that pass. Most of the roads were pretty easy and nothing like you would find in the Alps. There are loads of roads crossing over the top into Switzlerand though. Most of them a doddle.

Work on the wheelie bin theory and 3.5t limit. If there are bins on the road and no 3.5t limit then the bin waggon goes up so its doable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After some more research I found the Swiss Motorhome site, which indicates this pass is definitely not for motorhomes. Google it and look for the alpine passes pages.

Forum won't let me post a link without paying to subscribe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.