Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geraldandannie has decided to take on the mantle of responsibility once more and has volunteered to be SE Rally Co-ordinator.

Thanks Gerald (And Annie of course) and hopefully the MHF members in the SE will now be benefiting from better and more localised support :)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Good on you Gerald & Annie.

With you being a lover of "real ale" Gerald, any venues involving brewery visits, beer festivals and the like are okay by me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,

Jock.

·
Premium Member
22,850 Posts
Congratulations and welcome - it will be great to be able to revisit some of the places from our youth before we escaped to the wilds of Devon!

The SE is a great place to go with some excellent rural locations and many fond memories for us.

I am sure you will have a great time sorting out some excellent rallies for us all to enjoy.

Good luck and thanks,

Dave and Lesley

·
Premium Member
23,180 Posts
Well done Gerald. :D

Nice to be able to give a bit back isn't it . . . and more power to your elbow for giving up your time to do so.

MHF wouldn't exist without it's band of willing :wink: :roll: volunteers would it!!

(Thinly disguised plug for all MHF Staff!) :wink: :lol: :lol:

Dave

·
Premium Member
9,469 Posts
Congrats Gerald and Annie, looking forward to some Essex action soon.

How far South and East does SE rallies cover. Can we expect a rally in Brittany perhaps? :D

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
What a day. First Jacob Zuma gets inaugurated and then I read Gerald and Annie get inaugurated as well. Best wishes to you both on your new ventures.

p.s. I think the priest just said to Jacob," Sign here you oaf" or it may have been, "Sign here the oath". not sure. :(

·
Premium Member
3,135 Posts
Hi geraldandannie

I have only just noticed that you have actually agreed to do it!!!

The arm twisting at Cornish Farm and The Shrubbery worked then :lol: :lol: I'm only kidding they were very willing volunteers, Annie more so than Gerald I have to say!

Really looking forward to some rallies in the South East area, very convenient for me :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,970 Posts
Gerald, tongue in cheek regarding Clacton www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopict-64513-clacton.html

Having worked on the railway system all over the Colchester to Clacton and Walton-on-Naze lines over the last 13 years a trip with the MH from Wimborne to Clacton is not on my wish list.

By the way my ex colleagues tell me that Stage 2 of Colchester Resignalling was completed successfully whilst we were enjoying ourselves at Cornish Farm. Have you been to see the new automatic gates at Frinton?

Congratulations to you and Annie on your appointment as SE Co ordinators.
Ray

·
Registered
18,012 Posts
rayc said:
Gerald, tongue in cheek regarding Clacton www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopict-64513-clacton.html
Hi Ray

I knew that :wink: There's some nice places around Clacton, and some people might like all the fun of the fair and kiss-me-kwik :roll:

rayc said:
By the way my ex colleagues tell me that Stage 2 of Colchester Resignalling was completed successfully whilst we were enjoying ourselves at Cornish Farm. Have you been to see the new automatic gates at Frinton?
I don't know whether I'd make a special journey :lol: But I noticed that the roadworks around there had gone when we passed the other day, and the barriers were lifted. Despite the furore surrounding the removal of the historic gates, the Frintonians haven't stormed the barricades yet.

rayc said:
Congratulations to you and Annie on your appointment as SE Co ordinators.
Thank you, Ray. The application process was long and involved, and the series of interviews we had to undertake was onerous to say the least :wink: Time will tell whether we're any good or not.

Gerald

·
Premium Member
7,970 Posts
LadyJ said:
Welcome to the team G&A

I don't mind Clacton ive never been there :lol:

Jacquie
Jaquie, Some mh's do go to Clacton. The Essex section of the MCC is there for August bank holiday which is Clacton Air Show. I understand the Red Arrows will be in attendance.

"26th - 31st August CLACTON AIR SHOW
Gainsford Ave. Sports Ground, Gainsford Ave. Clacton-on-Sea

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.