Motorhome Facts Forum banner

What a day :-(

6K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  carolgavin 
#1 ·
Finally got my new van yesterday. All was great until I got home and realised they do not include anything.
No gas, no power cable, no water hose etc etc etc.
So today I went back to Brownhills in my car today to buy it all.
I was handing back my car today so When a large lorry dropped half a brick on my windscreen I knew the day was going to be a bad one. My credit cards have been stolen then the lad who collected the car to return it only had one copy of the paperwork which he took with him. Oh well.

I have finally cheered up. got everything sorted and took the van down to ASDA to buy all the usual shopping. On the way down passed 4 motorhomes and they All waved. I am smilling again and looking forward to getting rid of my house and getting off to France.

Why is it that even the cheapest cars these days include central locking and electric windows. My £40K Hymer is all manual and its a nightmare checking everything is locked. I think an upgrade is on the cards for this.

Cheers
Karl

See less See more
#2 ·
Some days the dragon wins.....!

Think of next month when all this is will be a nasty dream and you are relaxed and sitting in the sun with a large glass of something cheering and dear old UK behind you. :D

Spare a tiny thought for the rest of us stuck with it though !

G

#3 ·
Hi Gromett,
Why O why do dealers still pull this one? All vans are usually supplied with EHU leads from new, I am sure they take them out and resell them! Pity you did not include provision of Gas cylinders and EHU leads a condition of purchase. The small things like this are what gets up peoples noses, they are such a small cost to the dealer you would think that even if thay are not in a van, as a goodwill gesture ensure you leave equipped.
Still looking at the dealer I am not so surprised.
Malc

#5 ·
Friday the 13th strikes again! The van is in the local Peugeot garage for an oil leak from the gearbox, so stranded. Decided to fit a new bedroom door to while away the time. Carrying it downstairs to plane a bit off the edge and tripped on the bottom step putting the corner of the door through the porch window, oops!

#7 ·
Why O why do dealers still pull this one? All vans are usually supplied with EHU leads from new, I am sure they take them out and resell them! Pity you did not include provision of Gas cylinders and EHU leads a condition of purchase. The small things like this are what gets up peoples noses, they are such a small cost to the dealer you would think that even if thay are not in a van, as a goodwill gesture ensure you leave equipped.
We used to have a guide on here as to what to try and negotiate when buying a motorhome, lets start it again here and once complete i will add it to the FAQ Section:-

Electric hookup lead
FULL Gas bottles

#9 ·
Hi all

if the truth be known i am a bit of a scrooge, and when i bought the MH and was paying a lot of cash for a single product. I felt that for my 50k i was hoping that there would be at least a litlle faith from the dealer....

And they have been great (perthshire caravans) any problems get sorted straight away, i got a number of things thrown in with the deal, cables, bottles, hoses, etc

Moral is.............if you dont ask you dont get................and they need your money and custom to survive

Grommet.........go back and ask them for something ....a good will gesture

Paul

#10 ·
Have to agree with you there RedOne - if you don't ask you don't get.

When we got our van there was no gas bottle or electric cable, I asked the salesman for them. He said that they might have some old ones knocking about in the workshops, when we got them they were both brand new :!:

#13 ·
Hi chris

Nice Avtar...............have one on me :p :p :p

The salesman for us took us into the accessories shop and jusy started to put things into my arms, saying "you will need this and this and this"

I could only oblige and put it all in the MH

Even when i go back to the shop for extras they always give me a great price

When i deciede to trade the MH in i know where i will be going, and that is what they are counting on i guess

Paul

#15 ·
Dealerships

We bought our van from that well known dealership at Cannock, the handover took four and a half hours, due to salesman keep wandering off, the bed make-up cushions were missing, plus the scatter cushions, plus the duckboard in the shower.
Unfortunately they did`nt have any in stock, so had to send to Swift, three months later we got all our bits and pieces, but it did seem to us that they could`nt do enough when we were purchasing the van, but it all went to pieces on the aftersales side, does`nt give you much faith does it.
And as for there Gold Card club, well, complete waste of time, the only concession we have had from it is the 10% off in the accessory shop, some club indeed.

Mike

#16 ·
got our mh last week from nene court in wellingborough it came with leads, hoses, 2 full gas bottles free rear corner steadies that we had asked for a price on,and a full tank of fuel up to now we have had excellent service from them.looks like we wouldn't have got this if we hadnt cancelled with the original dealer in cannock. :D

#17 ·
We've got a copy of the inventory list which was on the old site. If any one is computer literate and can give me step by step instructions on how to do it I could send it ( I hope) to some one. Its on a green background and has flamenco or could be salsa dancers, a motorhome, boat etc on the front and is a list of all the stuff you could ever need or want!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.