Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Just dropped in for a look, wanted to see what I was missing, I am used to camping..... in a tent, getting a bit jealous of you lot driving up, parking and getting the tea on, so I thought lets have a look.
Well what a great site you have here, might join you all for a while see if I can pick up any tips, just in case i win the lottery and get one of these super vans that you are all so fond of.
Any advice on shopping for bargains in the motorhome area would be welcome, in fact any advice on anything would be welcome, hope you all have a great new season.
You never know might see you around sometime. :D

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Hi chillout and welcome.

I remember we joined a motorhome group on the web before we bought our first. Gained a lot of knowledge from some very helpful people.
I hope we can pass on something useful to you.
Just remember there are many about who haven't got 'one of those super vans' you refer to and are very happy with what they've got.

It takes all sorts.

Gillian

·
Registered
301 Posts
Great site,

Sample visit, but what a great site!!
Many people start as tyre kickers, end up addicts, in fact I think it is a class A Drug.
No matter if you bought an old van and converted it yourself, you will always feel the freedom, and it so much fun getting underneath and doing it yourself. 25 years on I have achieved my desire and actually got a spanking brand new van on order.
I will wave on my way to Skeggy etc.

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Hi Barty, pleased you found us.

Never mind the sample visit, get posting.
You've got at least 25 years knowledge of something to pass on.

Don't be so secretive, tell us which new van you've got on order.

Gillian

·
Registered
301 Posts
What a great site!!

Hi Gillian, The van I chose was a Ford Autosleeper Ravenna which to them that don't know is a LWB coachbuilt. Semi-Automatic and I hope to add an Easylift to carry my chair on the back. Her indoors thinks I am mad. But after over 40 years wedded to me she probably is too

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Autosleeper Hmmm!

I think there may be the odd Autosleeper owner on these forums already.
They seem to have a good following.

Gillian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.