Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1036 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
We're looking for a new van, we'd like a PVC, with rear single beds, a 3 way fridge, hob and oven, like hens teeth so far, we can get front single beds, but we struggle to make them up, so rear would be better.
Take a look here http://andysimports.co.uk/. We know a single woman who bought one of his and was very happy. We have visited and he seems like a good bloke. He will make to your spec too. All sorts of prices depending on what base vehicle he imports.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Dog walk first thing. Then a builders labourer this morning. Taping aluminium tape over all the joints in the floor insulation going down in the new build. Then off to chiropodist to sort out me corns. Bought a sand pit in Lidl's on the way home for granddaughter's Birthday coming up in April. No time now for a another stint at labouring as it is time for another dog walk.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Today I have to go and pick up the Strong Wholemeal Bread Flour from the agricultural supplier down the road. He orders it directly from the mill for me. Usual dog walk first though. Then builder's labourer finishing off aluminium taping of joints and moving on to laying the dpm in all the rooms in the bungalow. We might have a visit from the guy who will pour the final layer of concrete which comes in liquid form and is pumped into each room. He is going to check our work!

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Just heard that the apartment we were going to book in Mojacar has been taken off the holiday listings as she is not getting enough bookings :( She is going to try to let it as a residential let and will tell me if it is available for next winter if it does not get any interest.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Lovely morning here if a bit chilly. Off on dog walk after breakfast then laying damp proof membrane on the bungalow. Racing on tv this afternoon, which I usually love to watch because of the horses, but will have to see if I have time!

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
We are having a day off from being busy builders. Booked a takeaway Sunday Roast from the local pub for lunch time. Walk the dog first and pick up a Sunday paper to make us sit down and read. Just got to cover up the grass seed a spread yesterday as have seen the pigeons feasting on it :(

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Trouble is I'd have to cut the grass to do that Jan :) It is so windy it is making me depressed. We get so much wind nowadays. I suppose its the there global warming but without the warming.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
I covered it with some sand so I must be an instinctive gardener :) I am sure it would have regenerated naturally but just thought that I would give it a helping hand to help deter the weeds from popping up first.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Oh no Kev! Always check with doc before you do things like that :(

The sand we used was washed sand, so I am told, so better than dirty stuff :) It has also been subject to a lot of wind so most of any residual fine sand has blown away!

Might start a gardening thread soon :) We have to plan and landscape a whole new garden from scratch (meadow land/building site). It wraps around the new bungalow so not a "front garden/back garden" scenario. There is a large natural pond in it with, at the moment, a leaking bore hole gushing through it. Hopefully that will have been resolved by the time we are at the gardening stage.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
This is the third time I'm having to apply. There are some complicated questions for me. I've had two corneal grafts (in 2012 & 2013) which they know about. It seems to me that lots of questions relating to this are not easily answered with a Yes or No. I'll have a proper look tonight, or maybe tomorrow, and work out what the precise difficulties are and decide how to approach it. I think last time I might have done a covering letter.

Sorry to hear that. I have no medical issues and so found it easy.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Early morning appointment 8.15 this morning with the dermatologist about my itchy skin, which of course after waiting 3 months doesn't itch anymore, but is still red, the moles are an old age thing and nothing to worry about (not nice when they tell you it´s old age you know :frown2:)
I have to gradually cut down on the cortisone over the next 2 weeks and the chemist will be delivering tomorrow a concoction she has prescribed and they make up.
I must also find a reliable plumber, the central heating system lost all pressure on Saturday and showed a system fault, I topped it up, yesterday it had already dropped to 1.1/4 so topped it up again and I just checked and its down to 1.1/4 again.
Chris says it sounds like a leak. You can buy stuff over here that you add to the system and it fixes leaks.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Chris says that if you have a radiator that is cold at the very top (meaning it has air there and not water) then choose that one for the following. There should be two plugs at either end of the top of the radiator. One is the bleeding valve, to let air out of the system, the other is the blanking plug. Take off the blanking plug and pour the stuff in there using a funnel or flexible tube. This should work if it is a small leak that you have.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
I won't say the word that Chris used but it started with "a load of ******". The title of the company says it all.

We did wonder if you had underfloor heating Jan. You could still use the workshop radiators if you wanted to give it a go. Understand your wanting to call in a man who can though :)

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Graham and Jan (and anyone else) how do you like your underfloor heating? Chris is installing it in the new bungalow for the first time. One or two people have done a sharp intake of breath when we have mentioned what we are planning. One of them moved into a new four bedroom house and found it stifling hot on the first day so turned it down. He now says it is not very efficient and costing him a fortune to run. The neighbours over the road have built a huge house and find that their house is not very warm. It does have a double height atrium as you go in and in both houses there are no South facing windows (!).

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Ah, now, you both have gas fired heating. The creme de la creme. No gas available around here so it is electric. We are installing an Air Source Heat Pump which takes heat from the atmosphere and uses it to heat the hot water. Much slower than gas so that might be why people are complaining.

Enjoy your day Graham. We are working on site again.

Jan, if you are worried about pricing up the lathe then why not put it up for auction? You can put a minimum price on it just in case.

1 - 20 of 1036 Posts