Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 873 Posts

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Both of us dentists yesterday. Wife had eye test and subsequent new glass's prescription this am. Just popped into Lidl on the way back and filled the boot. Now gardening and get ready to see Dermo Doc tomorrow am. I bet there will be more shopping on the way back.

Been attempting to renew our Residents Permits for two years because of Brexit. Before it was done in 5 days. This time everyone else has received theirs but mine seems to have gone astray.

Ray.

Reactions: patp

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
I had my diabetic eye test a couple of weeks ago, seem I'm going to have a cat or something.
I hope it's a Persian Kitten Kev. I always fancied one but the memsahib has said no.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Dermo Doc check-up OK and nothing untoward found. But more scans and checks in four months again. They are not letting me go just yet.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Was that the one you blew the engine up Jan? Not inferring anything of course but Personally I would always allow a few seconds before moving off very gently for the first minute or more.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
I guess I'm old school when oil was thicker and needed a minute to get round all the oilways and get between all moving surfaces.
I do realise modern engines with high tolerances and thinner oils it's quicker. But I still feel a cold engine wears more than a warm one.
So as is my want I feel happier right or wrong, that after starting a cold engine I will as you say check things before moving off just to allow enough oil to circulate.

Ray.
In haste because of the Rugby.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
16 years ago we brought a very large quantity of Kentucky Blue Grass over from the states inside our RV. It made a fabulous lawn on the new bit of ground we had recently bought off the farmer. Now 16 years later nature has taken it back and it's a scrubby, weedy, moss covered field again.
When I think of all the work and expense I wonder why we bothered.?

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Yes after my opp Kev, Tramadol was the only thing that allowed me to sleep but only one before bedtime.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Why does modern life get more and more complex? All these innovations are supposed to make life easier.
Just had an elderly lady ask why she has received a code on her mobile. Apparently it was for yesterday to accept her jab appointment? Just hope she gets it despite not confirming.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Strewth it another very busy day here trying to keep up with all the medical news and jabs of friends here as well as various maintenance jobs.

Ray.

Reactions: erneboy and patp

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Dishwasher engineer relieved us of £308, at 8am, to fit a new heater element. It was either that or a new machine plus his call out fee of £130. I do believe we should repair where we can and it is a Miele so should, hopefully, be worth it.
Then it was dog walk followed by a video conference call (yes Jan I did manage to do it :) ) with a barrister who has taken on Chris's asbestosis claim. We are not ones to undertake such things but you only have three years from diagnosis to do it. If you do not do it and it turns into Mesothelioma you are stuffed. He was very positive about Chris's chances and said he would make an excellent witness with all his memories of his escapades as a plumbing and heating engineer handling asbestos on an almost daily basis.
Then some more spring cleaning followed by food shopping and another dog walk later on. Phew!
Strewth Pat. That doesn't seem very economic as you now have an old machine with a new bit in it at great expense.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Running lady on her own around to get jabbed as hubby is in hospital with covid! Motorhome friends coming to spend the night in their van so preparations and dining this pm and eve.
Trying to stay away from people and failing miserably. Trying to keep warm as temps have halved.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Yes she has just been tested negative and even so she was in the back with a mask. Her husband did all the driving as she is just so petrified even though she has a license.
Apparently he is improving so can only hope he can come home eventually.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Most of today has been answering and forwarding all the dozens of Easter greetings and messages. I'm now knackered.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Trying to finish off all those chocolate bunnies before going on a 5 mile walk.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Glad to see your perking up again Kev.

Just worked out having my small PC on all day for 15 hours consumes 900 watts. Almost a whole 'unit'.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Been jabbed and then had to 'shop'. Need a lie down now.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
Yes Pat more agro you don't need.
I'm having to go see our Mayor about the latest annoying antics of our neighbour complaining to a Judge that we have had campers on our land for more than the designated 3 months.
It's not true but as the complaint has been made we have to jump through hoops to prove otherwise at the Tribunal next week.

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,971 Posts
How does the process work Ray, can you ask for full disclosure of the alleged evidence against you ?

Can you counter claim that the neighbour is a vindictive nut ? Terry
Not really sure at this moment Terry.
The Mayor is sympathetic but just wants calm. He did suggest putting up a screen to obscure her view but thats pointless or ask visitors to park out of her line of sight.
But I won't really know about what I am accused of at the tribunal other than campers exceeding the 3 months limit which they haven't and when?

Three successive Mayors have all indicated she is off her head and now I hear she has been banned from several shops because of her ranting. But although she keeps taking pictures of us and compiling a dossier of all our visitors against French law it's difficult to actually do anything about it.

I have restrained my natural responses and hope to maintain the victim here.

Ray.

1 - 20 of 873 Posts