Motorhome Facts Forum banner
5201 - 5220 of 5361 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
I messaged him on Weds; then rang and sent a message on Friday. He did try and ring me Friday but I missed the call annoyingly, so I messaged him again but have heard nothing since.

I think you are right Kev.

• Sad
Reactions: Pudsey_Bear

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
I asked our plumber to look in as we had just ordered a new shower cubicle in April. It arrived two weeks later, I was still waiting for the plumber and after another week started to dismantle the old one and assemble the new one myself. Finished fitting the new one and have been using it successfully for THREE weeks when the plumber called to say he can't come until next week? Thats over two months after we called.

Ray.

• Sad
Reactions: Pudsey_Bear and GMJ

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
We are still waiting for our carpenters to finish off some skirting and some shelving. Got a message this morning saying they are working at Windsor Castle this week and Buckingham Palace next week! There is no answer to that :). I read an article in the Sunday papers saying that William and Kate will move into Windsor Castle when William becomes Prince of Wales. It is near good schooling for their three children. Perhaps preparation has started?

Got a call from Chris last night. They have squeezed another bed into his ward and told him he can go home today. He was adamant yesterday afternoon that he would not be coming home for a few days while they balance all his new medication. They took his oxygen away. The nurse tested his sats, without oxygen, while I was there and said he was not ready to come off it yet! So, in a matter of hours, it seems he is fine on no oxygen and his meds are all balanced despite some of them not even starting yet!

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,204 ·
You couldn't make it up Pat.

on Saturday, yesterday and this morning I've been in some discomfort in my chest, like pressing on a bruise and some throbbing weird pains etc, I told Liz this morning and she said ring the number on the info sheet, not really my thing, anyway sheet starts looking on line for info about post stent stuff and found a load of info about internal bruising and how much pressure they put into the balloon etc and how you are most likely to feel pain and discomfort after stents, more so after 3 hours of buggering about fitting 3 stents, but none of this is in the booklet or the discharge leaflets, so I have been stressed and worried for 3 days for nothing, I feel an email coming on.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
My money would sadly be on him not turning up if you can't get in touch.
As we suspected - no show. I messaged him at 8.30 to check he was still coming. He rang back within 5 mins to explain he had a problem that had "just" come up so couldn't make it. He said he will ring me back in an hour (an hour ago) to advise if he and the spark can come on Weds afternoon.

I'm not holding out much hope so I'll probably fix another date in a month or so's time. Its not uber critical as the heating isn't on currently but I want it sorted before October which means it need to be done during August latest as we are away for September.

• Sad

·
Premium Member
16,366 Posts
I hope Chris does come home Pat and they don’t change their minds at the last minute, my room mate in hospital had so many disappointments, in the end she just didn’t take any notice when they said she could go home on a certain day, ‘when i am at Home I will believe it‘ she said.

Sorry to hear your still not feeling too good Kev, maybe the procedure is different from here, but with all of Hans‘s problems I don‘t think what you are experiencing was one of them., but don’t panic, it will only tense your body and stop you from recovering quickly, just take it in your stride, don’t worry and it will all fall into place. 🌼 🧚‍♀️

·
Premium Member
46,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,207 ·
As we suspected - no show. I messaged him at 8.30 to check he was still coming. He rang back within 5 mins to explain he had a problem that had "just" come up so couldn't make it. He said he will ring me back in an hour (an hour ago) to advise if he and the spark can come on Weds afternoon.

I'm not holding out much hope so I'll probably fix another date in a month or so's time. Its not uber critical as the heating isn't on currently but I want it sorted before October which means it need to be done during August latest as we are away for September.
It's the way of the trades world now, they are so busy they can pick and choose which jobs they do, and we have to put up with it.

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Sadly the only sure way is "DIY"......... :rolleyes:

Ray.

·
Premium Member
46,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,209 ·
Sorry to hear your still not feeling too good Kev, maybe the procedure is different from here, but with all of Hans‘s problems I don‘t think what you are experiencing was one of them., but don’t panic, it will only tense your body and stop you from recovering quickly, just take it in your stride, don’t worry and it will all fall into place. 🌼 🧚‍♀️
I'm okay Jan, just pissed that the aftercare leaflet didn't say anything about what I might feel later, and that Liz had to get stressed enough to look it up, of course I am grateful to have had the work done, wish I felt a bit better though, maybe by the time we go away I'll be more better :D :D

I hope you're still mending too.

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Why does the plumber need an operating room then Kev?

Ray.

• Haha

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
It's the way of the trades world now, they are so busy they can pick and choose which jobs they do, and we have to put up with it.
To be fair to the lad he rang me back and we have fixed a date for 13th July.

Sadly the only sure way is "DIY"......... :rolleyes:

Ray.
No chance with this Ray. Its underfloor heating which is 22 years old. 'Mission Control' (where the pipes all emerge and are controlled) was constructed bespoke so not off the shelf. Its a thing of beauty....

I have 5 zones and at least one of the actuators is fooked, so I'll replace all 5 however the bigger problem is that one of the zones is bossing all the others which means that unless we have that zone on (in a spare bedroom where it isn't needed) no others can work.

So the plumber was/is bring a sparkie with him as its beyond my and the plumbers electrical knowledge now.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Morning all

We are off into Llandeilo this morning as we both have Dr's appointments. After that we are having some brunch at a very nice hotel in the town who do a cracking breakfast. This afternoon I'll be in the garden again. I managed 3 hours yesterday of weeding/tidying up, so hope to get the same in again today.

Reactions: patp

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
We are bluddy frantic today. Walking this pm and then back to the salle to partake in two birthday celebrations that Prue is providing most of the grub and me the 'fizz'. Then gulp that down and off to the Summer Solstice gathering about 10 miles away with our Anglo/French group of 40 and again she is supplying food even though we have paid for the food and drinks?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Chris is home and feeling much better :) Bit of a hassle with them getting a letter sorted for him to take to GP. It took two attempts and several hours! The poor bloke with the swollen arm is still taking up a bed and has been told to complain. The whole ward was told to complain about them squeezing another bed in. They were so close they could have held hands! Staff complaints are ignored apparently :(

Just have to take the letter to GP. Lots of changes of drugs and, from reading it, there will be lots for the GP to do with blood tests etc.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Morning all

Mrs GMJ is having her head sharpened this morning in Llandeilo so I'll nip in to Carmarthen to do the food shopping, while she is in there. After that I plan on watching the cricket in the afternoon as well as loading the MH ready for our trip away tomorrow.

I managed 4 hours in the garden and got around all the weeding I had aimed to do. My lawn mower decided to only collect around 75% of the grass cuttings when I used it so raking the grass up gave me an added little job I could have done without yesterday!

Reactions: patp

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Who cute her hair then Kev?

5201 - 5220 of 5361 Posts