Motorhome Facts Forum banner
5221 - 5240 of 5361 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
I’m also going to a hair dresser this morning and hope she makes a better job than my last 48€ worth, I’m taking a picture of what I want this time. Not the same hairdresser I might add.

Reactions: patp

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
I’m also going to a hair dresser this morning and hope she makes a better job than my last 48€ worth, I’m taking a picture of what I want this time. Not the same hairdresser I might add.
HOW MUCH???????

Ray.

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
HOW MUCH???????

Ray.
You saw correctly Ray, 48€ I had no idea how much hairdressers charged this side of the Polish border where I pay 5 to 10 € for a trim up.
When I washed my hair afterwards it was all different lengths and looked/looks a real old ladies style. Today I will take a picture of the style I used to have, a razor cut, bet scissors are used though not a razor as it used to be, hence the name.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Mrs GMJ pays around 50 quid every 6 weeks. That is cheap compared to when we lived in Cirencester where the same was nearer 80 quid.

I cut my own hair every 2-3 weeks with clippers. It has saved me a fortune over the years but when I offered the same to Mrs G she wouldn't have any of it....

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
My, excellent, hairdresser has just put his prices up to £30. He does a fantastic job and is much in demand. My hair is naturally curly but in all the wrong places so is very difficult to manage. He makes my life so much easier with his skill at taming it. I do have to go every four weeks though :(

The cat we adopted has had a name change. Huck was, apparently, once called Thomas so he has now reverted to Thomas. He is settling in really well apart from a little blip where I rushed things with him. He is in the dining room and it has a, long, pane of glass in the door. At first I covered it to make him feel safe but as he settled well I uncovered it. Unbeknown to me he needed privacy to, ahem, perform on his tray. He went a couple of days without performing so I covered the glass up again. It worked like a treat :)
He is a very affectionate old boy who loves nothing more than sitting on a lap for a fuss :) Very therapeutic.

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
I think the last time I paid for a haircut it was in Shillings and pence. My wife has don't a brilliant job on both of us since then but she does not allow my curls to grow. 👨‍🦱

Ray.

• Haha
Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
I cut mine down to a Number 1skinhead and when it starts disappearing even more, I will go for the full cue ball!

• Sad
Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I cut Chris's with the dog clippers. We did, once, consider cutting mine like that. We were down in Spain and it my hair was getting unruly. One of the German campers had cut his wife's hair with his clippers. He refused to venture into more customers though :)

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,232 ·
Personally, I prefer my wimmin with either long hair or short Elfin looking hair, anything in between is just too fussy and make me think the person might be too.

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
At last a hair dresser who knew what a razor cut is.
I’m very pleased with it and happily paid the 47.50€ it cost. Now I can wash it, towel dry and fluff it up with my fingers, done.
This is the style my hair used to be before I let it grow long.
Chin Sky Plant Leaf Botany
Plant Botany Summer Grass Tree
Plant Tree Happy Table Wrinkle

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
This is the eyes Kev.

Ray.
Neck Picture frame Layered hair Wood Step cutting

• Haha
Reactions: JanHank

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Hi after being away for a week down the new forest in the van i decided yesterday to clean the brakes as have not been done for about 5 years

I stripped the all 4 brakes and in my lathe removed the small lip on the disks

All back together handbrake adjusted and mintex pads on the front
Wheels will go on once the brake fluid has been changed

My main reason is i wanted to change the brake fluid and change the front pads as they are 10 years old but still pretty good but i dont want the lining to break away as they can do

I am waiting for a brake vacuum bleeder that should be here tomorrow or friday so today i cleaned all 4 wheels sprayed silver and a coat of clearcoat shame the air is so warm as it had some dry spots like sand paper in the corners but not to worried as its under wheel trims any way

Sorry its all jumbled but on my note pad

Barry

5221 - 5240 of 5361 Posts