Motorhome Facts Forum banner
5241 - 5260 of 5361 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,400 Posts
I’m also going to a hair dresser this morning and hope she makes a better job than my last 48€ worth....
... Today I will take a picture of the style I used to have, a razor cut, bet scissors are used though not a razor as it used to be, hence the name.
That's a shame Jan, I thought you were pleased with your hair last time.

Each time I've had my hair cut abroad it's been razor cut. I used to do my own (with scissors n thinning scissors) but my shoulders can't do it any more. Tho I will still take the thinning scissors to it when it gets too heavy as I've really thick hair. I just whack the thinning scissors into the mass n chop my way out... Hasn't been too diabolical yet!

·
Premium Member
16,366 Posts
That's a shame Jan, I thought you were pleased with your hair last time.
Last time it looked alright at first Jean, but when I tried doing it myself I discovered what a mess it was, all different lengths, looked as if a rat had gnawed it. I know I will be able to manage this as even before she blew it dry it looked good.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Mrs GMJ haircut was £65

but apparently she also has her "colours" done too...

I was way out at "around £50" but maybe they have put their prices up too!

Every 6 weeks works out at just shy of 11 quid a bloody week

• Haha
Reactions: Pudsey_Bear

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
That makes me feel better Graham :) If I think something is expensive I try to break it down into an hourly rate and then add in the overheads that the business has. I could not stand in a shop cutting people's hair for eight hours a day an not earn a fair wage out of it.

We've just got back from Wells Next The Sea. Chris took his little scooter and we made our way through the woods to the cafe at Holkham. Twas lovely :) Bit tired now though ...

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,251 ·
That makes me feel better Graham :) If I think something is expensive I try to break it down into an hourly rate and then add in the overheads that the business has. I could not stand in a shop cutting people's hair for eight hours a day an not earn a fair wage out of it.

We've just got back from Wells Next The Sea. Chris took his little scooter and we made our way through the woods to the cafe at Holkham. Twas lovely :) Bit tired now though ...
Which scooter did you get Pat? I'm still looking for a decent used one.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,252 ·
Woohoo I'm allowed to drive again today, I'm still very bruised on my wrists but I don't think I'll be opening any veins today hopefully, I have a few jobs I've been putting off so I might get around t doing those, I'm going to take my gentle exercise up a notch today, nothing drastic as my back stops me doing too much anyway :( :(

I found a folding scooter on Farceclout marketplace yesterday, looked them up and it's a scam, barstewards are everywhere.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Morning all

We are off on another trip today, in the UK now as we have used our 90 day allowance for the Schengen area for a while. 19 nights away to Cheltenham - Dawlish Warren - Charmouth - Cirencester so I'll be making the bed in the MH and loading the food this morning before we get away.

Reactions: Pudsey_Bear

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Accommodating guests and entertaining which is a full time job. Sadly big TV is no longer repairable to will get help to remove it to the trailer and dump. :confused:

Ray.

• Sad
Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Sadly big TV is no longer repairable to will get help to remove it to the trailer and dump. :confused:

Ray.
But I bet you had some fun dismantling, investigating and fiddling with it Ray? :)

And it also means you get to buy a newer (bigger?) one too! Off to Darty then?

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
We bought a second hand Roma Kev. it folds to go in the boot of the estate car. It is fine for things like shopping etc and managed the unmade road at Wells Next the Sea yesterday.

I have my Reflexology today. Really looking forward to it :)

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
But I bet you had some fun dismantling, investigating and fiddling with it Ray? :)

And it also means you get to buy a newer (bigger?) one too! Off to Darty then?
Yes, yes, yes. But although I didn't actually remove the screen panel from the frame all the advice and evidence pointed to an uneconomical repair.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Morning all

Well what an exciting day we had yesterday! We had a normal run from home to our first site at Briarfields in Cheltenham however the owner rang us en route to let us know that 2 traveller families had managed to get onto site! The bailiffs had been called and were dealing with it and were hopeful that they would be evicted that day but did we want to cancel?!

We decided to carry on and stay as Scott (the owner) has been good to us in the past (when Mrs GMJ was taken ill once, he was very helpful and supportive) so we wanted to support him. As it goes the bailiffs had them off site by 3.30. But bugger me, what a mess they left. It's no wonder nobody likes them. Across 3 pitches they left around 6 black bins bags worth of rubbish strewn around: used toilet paper; broken kids toys; empty drinks containers and all kinds of general garbage.

They also trashed the toilet block.

All the kids were just peeing anywhere they liked around the pitches. The mother was just throwing out food waste and water anywhere on the pitches. The kids tried to nick water tap fittings off peoples pitches. Another one kept on going around purposely setting off the alarms on the fire extinguisher boxes around site.

I could go on.

Do you know, it isn't racism that sees them not being liked but just their 'don't give a sh1t' attitude to anything.

It must have cost the site between £7-10k in lost business, refunds and the cost of the bailiffs. I'm not sure if their insurance will cover it so it could just be lost. Such a shame as they are the friendliest bunch and run a lovely site here that is very handy for Cheltenham or Gloucester.

Anyway, we are off to the FiL's today to give his house a clean. That is going to go down like a lead balloon!

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Yes the 'travellers' are proposing a site near us in La Manche and everyone is up in arms about them. Farmers have enormous banners on roundabouts and across straw bails everywhere objecting to any new site locally. They are their own worst enemies.

Ray.

Reactions: Pudsey_Bear and GMJ

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
In our area we have some "settled" (living in houses) travellers and they give us no trouble at all. They rent fields for their horses and look after them very well. Jesse is one of them and he is the go to guy if you want scrap cleared on heavy stuff collected etc. My friend (who is a self confessed snob) has a son who is dating a girl from that community. I am waiting for the wedding plans with great anticipation :)

We had a mad moment yesterday and bought a Mercedes Vito 116 cdi LWB van! We had been throwing ideas around for getting a van that could be a "day van" for us and for Chris to transport his bigger scooter. One came up locally which was way more than we wanted to pay but our resistance only lasted about four hours. Lovely chap selling it had already agreed a sale with people he described as the Bulgarian mafia. They had tossed cigarette butts all over the place and their kids had thrown stones at his cat! He called that sale off so that we could seal the deal. Eeeek. It is very technical and I have to learn where all the controls are. It is automatic which was a "must have" for me now. Loads of room.
Another bonus is three rear seats for daughter, son in law and granddaughter.

5241 - 5260 of 5361 Posts