Motorhome Facts Forum banner
5701 - 5720 of 5862 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
Oh yes :) Just thought I would throw it into the mix because it took my vet practice a long time to get to that diagnosis. Rare things are rare and common things are common. In my dog's case it turned out that she had a tumour on her adrenal gland. She went in for an op to remove the adrenal gland and they found out it was attached to her kidney :( She bounced in to the hospital and never came home :(

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Morning

We are off into Carmarthen this morning just to get a few bits. I managed to finish all my jobs in the garden yesterday so only the lawn to mow this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Today my visitors leave me 😪.
It’s been lovely having them, they didn’t let me look after them, only providing the food, laying and clearing the table the children did, Tommy and Ramona pulled up all the weeds growing under my kitchen window 😁.
It’s the first time they have been here and intend coming again for a longer stay.
I will miss them even though it’s only been a couple of nights, each evening we played table games, Skyjo and Ludo.
Motley of course was in his element with all these people to play with.

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
Yes our motorhome friends leave today heading back to UK after touring Spain and Portugal.
I'm not reinstalling Windows again on an old/new Netbook ready for sale and it's taking hours.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
The Age Concern lady was very helpful yesterday and filled all the Attendance Allowance forms in for us. I am so grateful to those on here that helped me. It made me understand that it was a skill and that my head is not in the right place to do it at the moment. Chris was much more cooperative with her than he would have been with me too.

Buyers picking up the Fifth Wheel today. Had a heart stopping moment yesterday when the legs would not respond to the remote control. Chris found out he had moved a wire during some clearing out he was doing.
There is a lovely pub/restaurant on the North Norfolk coast that is cooking paella today. Hope we can get there to sample it.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Plan for today at 6.55am is it start cleaning windows this morning to get rid of the net curtain effect, it maybe a waste of time because the fields are so dry, yesterday in the field immediately behind me they they were raking it and the dust was terrible.

Reactions: patp

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Morning

I plan on doing some repairs to the patches in my lawn today and then making the bed up and loading as much in the MH as I can ready for the off on Monday. Normally I'd sort the MH the day before but rain is forecast for tomorrow so I'll do s much as I can today. Might watch some Commonwealth Games action on telly this afternoon.

• Wow
Reactions: patp and raynipper

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
Yes loading up the cars and trailer for this durn boot sale and the possibility being rained off again.

Ray.

• Sad
Reactions: patp and GMJ

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
Try, again, to get through to the VW's insurance company to cancel it. Wasted 20 minutes yesterday hanging on. I remember when I tried to contact them once before that the "existing customer" button is the wrong one to press. I need to press the "new business" button!

Quiet day, methinks, mourning the loss of our van :(

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Morning

Plan for today: Hair cut and beard trim first thing then off food shopping. This afternoon loading the MH ready for the off tomorrow, followed by watching the cricket on the telly.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Good question Jan

According to this...

...there are 9 Tesco's and 106 Asda that do.
Thanks G. The one we used in Royston used to be open 24 hours I looked just now and they no longer do, Short hours on a Sunday 10am until 4pm.
The weekday hours are longer here, all our supermarkets are open until 10pm

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
I think most Tesco's open until at least 10. I'm not sure about other supermarkets as we only tend to use those when travelling around.

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
Only supermarkets of a certain (large) size open 24 hours for seven days per week. The other, smaller, ones open on Sundays but just from 10 until 4. I must say that it surprised me during the pandemic that they did not all opt to close on Sundays.

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
Nothing much on today.
Thomas, the rescue cat, is causing us anxiety again. He is vomiting. I think he is blocked by fur balls. He moults an awful lot but does not like being groomed. I managed a good groom of his back and sides yesterday but he is not allowing me anywhere near his tummy. It is probably too little too late anyway. I bought some fur ball treatments from the pet shop but he is not touching those! Cats should not go too long without eating so it is a bit worrying. Of course it would all happen at the weekend :(

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Only supermarkets of a certain (large) size open 24 hours for seven days per week. The other, smaller, ones open on Sundays but just from 10 until 4. I must say that it surprised me during the pandemic that they did not all opt to close on Sundays.
Not strictly true Pat. Supermarkets of any size over 280sq metres can only open for 6 hours trading on a Sunday (unless its Easter Sunday or Xmas day), which could be any time between 10-6. Most choose to open 10-4.

Tesco Extra's tended to open 24 hours until Covid struck but now only 9 are reported to do so.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
What a lovely 2 hours we have just had, this is becoming a Sunday habit. We have to walk past Ines and Marko every day when we go for a walk, this morning it´s very sunny so only the little round and as we turned the corner Marko beckoned me and I joined them for breakfast, a home made Schnitzel and home grown tomatoes with a mug of cappuccino with cream on top. `It´s brunch time´ they said. :giggle:

5701 - 5720 of 5862 Posts