Motorhome Facts Forum banner
5721 - 5740 of 5862 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
How lovely Jan :)

Graham, perhaps it is our local bylaws then? It is what we were told when a medium sized Sainsbury opened near us and again when a Lidl opened nearby.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Morning

We are off away in the MH for 11 nights, this morning. We are staying on an adults only campsite near Montgomery in the Marches for 9 nights then in Cheltenham for another 2, so we can take the FiL out for lunch on his 84th birthday.

Reactions: patp

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
Adult Sites G? Is that like 'Adult' beaches??

Ray.

• Haha
Reactions: patp and GMJ

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Sadly not Ray :ROFLMAO:

Mind you with the average of campers/motorhomers/caravanners perhaps that's a good thing!

• Sad
Reactions: patp and raynipper

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
We went to an "open garden" yesterday afternoon and very nice it was too. We were looking for inspiration for when we start on ours and came away with some ideas. People open their gardens for a small fee which goes to charity. One, very effective, idea was to plant some Willow stems and then train them into a circular "trunk" by plaiting them in a sort of grid. The leaves are removed from the trunk but left on the top so that it resembles a palm tree.

Watched the women's European Cup Final last night. It was brilliant!

Not much on today. I might bring some of the plants in pots closer to the house where they are easier to look after. Will need the sack barrow!

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
This morning we walked across the river to Poland and back on the newly opened restored bridge which cost 3.6 million € to renovate. I spoke to a lot of people and surprised myself with my German.

I have also been to take the list of what is needed for the Navajo to Matthias, he gave it to me on Friday in German and my friend Roger has translated it into English for him.

The house in the photo is in Poland, Hans and I saw when they were building it, started at least 10 years ago, we have never seen it lived in, now its for sale. It stands immediately at the end of the bridge crossing, ideal as a small hotel and restaurant and especially for long distance cyclist crossing over from Germany.
Sky Plant Cloud Building Window
Plant Tree Land lot Fence Building
Cloud Sky Plant Tree Road surface
Wheel Plant Tire Sky Bicycle wheel
Cloud Sky Water Plant Natural landscape

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
I think it was someone who had big ideas that were abandoned when this new bridge didn’t happen when it was rumoured to a few years ago. Probably took his money elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Morning

We had a nice, clear run across mid Wales yesterday (such beautiful countryside) and got to site at around 1.15. Weather held all day but it did start to drizzle in the early evening. We are at a new site for us - Daisy Bank Caravan Park - and on first showing it's very nice: a friendly welcome and, as an adults only site, it's nice and quiet.

Not sure what we'll do today. I think we'll have a drive into Welshpool (we brought the car with us) for a bimble. There's a local museum there which we might check out.

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
Nothing much on today. Our roofer came yesterday to chat about the roof for the garage. He has recommended a truss maker who will come out and measure it all up for us rather than the ones that take off sizes from the plans. It is a big garage with a workshop and has changed from the plans because of the position of a water main and the drains.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Morning

We had a drive out to Montgomery Castle yesterday which is a ruin but in a very prominent position overlooking the town. We then went on the Welshpool and visited the museum there. The weather just about held and by the afternoon it was quite sunny.

Today we plan on visiting the RSPB centre at Lake Vyrnwy and if we have time, also Dolforwyn Castle.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
I start the day worrying about where my sparing partner is, last we heard he had some noisy Germans nearby, ☹.
Today 3 days of over 30° begins so had an early walk before breakfast to start the day. I have no idea what comes next, but it won‘t be energy consuming.

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
We have walked the dogs before the heat builds up and now it will be mostly lying around under the ceiling fan reading. It's a hard life here in the summer.:)

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Morning

We had a pleasant trip up to Lake Vyrnwy yesterday although the RSPB Visitors centre closed a number of years ago but for some reason they haven't updated their website!! No problem as we had a bimble around and then a sandwich for lunch before heading back. I can recall as a child seeing the reservoir overflowing to very dramatic effect however at the moment the water level is nowhere near full.

Today we plan on visiting Dolforwyn Castle and then stopping at a shopping centre nearby, on the way back.

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
We desperately need some of 'your' rain G.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
None yesterday Ray and looking at the long term forecast, none now for at least a week. Mind you we are never that far from rain 'yer in Wales! :)

Whilst the level was down it was still quite healthy I thought for August. Certainly enough to keep the good folk of Liverpool in baths and showers for a good few months yet I suspect.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
Same here Ray. Long range weather forecast shows none for the foreseeable future either. It comes to something when trees start dying :( So tired of the hot nights too.

I have a dog training class to learn something new called Hoopers. It is like dog agility but there is no jumping involved. The dog is sent around barrels and through hoops on a pre designed course. Once learned you should be able to just direct the dog around the course and not run too far :)

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
La Manche is usually very green (wet) like the Fens and Broads but after two months of no rain and higher than normal temps even here is getting critical.
Slight benefit that the lawns are not growing but the weeds are still. No mole activity but as you say Pat the trees are shedding their leaves.
We don't have a hose ban yet but personally feel it should be brought in all departments before it becomes critical.

Ray.

• Sad
Reactions: patp and GMJ

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
Ever the recycler I took the trailer full of glass and stuff not sold at the boot. After I emptied I checked the old fluorescent tube disposal bin as I have two duff ones in my workshop.
Sure enough I grabbed about 6 old discarded tubes which now work perfectly in my old lights.
I do still have an even older 8ft. fitting but never seen discarded 8ft tubes here so now need to keep my eye out for another 5ft. fitting.

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ
5721 - 5740 of 5862 Posts