Motorhome Facts Forum banner
5741 - 5760 of 5862 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
Are you allowed to just "take" stuff Graham! You would get your hand cut off at our local recycling centre. They do put stuff in a shed for people to "buy" for a small fee, which goes to a charity, but it is absolutely forbidden to take anything from anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
Are you allowed to just "take" stuff Graham! You would get your hand cut off at our local recycling centre. They do put stuff in a shed for people to "buy" for a small fee, which goes to a charity, but it is absolutely forbidden to take anything from anywhere else.
Yes Pat. (Its Ray) We have always been able to take stuff from the dump and can even ask the 'bloke' to lookout and save stuff. We tipped him €5 for 6 garden tables and some chairs a few years ago and now have 9 tables with about 30 chairs.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
I have some 5ft fluories you can have Ray if you can think of how to get them to you :D

• Helpful
Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
Thanks G.
I'm sure I will come across some before long and maybe even at the dump. Few people want them now with all the low energy illuminations being in vogue. My workshop lights are rarely on for just a few minutes as I'm hunting for some buried 'treasure'.

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
In still have fluories in my garage tbh Ray. As you say, hardly ever on and even then for a few minutes if that, so not worth changing until they break.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Morning

We had a trip out to see Dolforwyn Castle yesterday, a ruin. Fair play to Mrs GMJ getting up to it as it was quite an uphill trek from the nearest road to get to it. Well worth it though we thought.

Today we are planning on visiting Hay on Wye as we realised we haven't been there for 13 years. The last time we went we had our portraits done by one of those street artists who do caricatures. If he is still there plying his trade we'll get them done again (and we can compare how we have changed :) ).

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,747 ·
Nothing planned for today.

While away the vans kitchen tap decide it was going come lose and flop about, it still worked so no worries, but I decided on a nice hot day I'd sort it out, turned out to be a simple job, 3 screws on the sink rim and one for the drain and out popped the bowl giving easy access to the underside of the tap, and it was just the nut on the threaded rod which had spun down, how it came loose I've no idea as the tap was fine one day and loose the next, it's a standard domestic tap so no biggy if it needs to be replaced.

The trip was pretty uneventful otherwise, I did post quite a few pictures, the only other thing was when I got back I put the vans step out and noticed the floor is moving slightly allowing the step to droop when you put weight on it, I have rung my local MCEA person & they are coming to look at it to see if/how it can be fixed.

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
Nothing much on apart from a company coming to quote for garage doors for the new garage.

Chris's mate came and picked him up to go over the fishing lakes to get a burger.

Georgia was a little star at the Hoopers training. Pawfect Pets Dog Training
In the video she is being sent through three hoops. The idea is that she loves running through hoops and so gets faster and faster as time goes on. They are usually in a straight line or gentle curve so that elderly/arthritic dogs can take part. There is no jumping involved.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Morning

We had a nice trip down to Hay on Wye yesterday. It's a lovely little town with a goodly number of second hand book shops to browse through. We tried a few of them as I was after a certain title but to no avail.

Just a tip for anyone going: don't have coffee on the café next to the main car park...it was £7.80 for 2 coffees!!! Wander more into the town and choose a different café where it would be cheaper. Still parking was free with the blue badge so that was good.

Today we are off to a model car museum plus we need to go to Tesco to get some provisions.

·
Premium Member
46,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,750 ·
Yes coffee is getting stupid in some places we've paid similar, we also got charged 8.40 for two single scoop ice creams at a pub next to some falls.

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
Garage door chap came yesterday. It was a bit embarrassing as another one turned up at the same time "because he was passing". Hey ho - sometimes they get peed off, when you double book a quote, and sometimes it helps to keep the quote down. They are all very busy so I hope it is not the former :(

I have had a message from the young lady I went out to help with her dog's training (single mum struggling with life). I knew that she would not continue with it and I was right. My gut feeling is that that the dog will end up being rehomed. Now I am wrestling with taking it in for me to foster, train and rehome. Sigh.

Our local pub was moaning about their electricity bills a few weeks ago. I expect they are all passing those costs on to us in their coffee and ice cream charges :(

Dog training later on today with Georgia.

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
Yes coffee is getting stupid in some places we've paid similar, we also got charged 8.40 for two single scoop ice creams at a pub next to some falls.
Profiteering under various excuses.

Ray.

• Sad
Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
46,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,753 ·
The pub with the very expensive ice cream was "the falls of dochart" at Killin.

Makin a killin at those prices.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
I think our local pub has it £4.50 a go. Robbing barstewards!

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Morning all

We visited the model car museum at Llanfair Caereinion yesterday. It is based at the Welshpool and Llanfair Light railway, a steam heritage railway. We didn't go on the train as there were only 2 hour journeys whilst we were there. The car museum was interesting with a very helpful owner/curator who volunteered loads of information about many of the models.

Very little planned for today: we'll have a lazy, stay at base day. I'll nip out and get the Sunday paper and then cook some brunch. The weather is set fair like yesterday so it its not too windy we'll sit out and read the paper and catch a few rays.

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
We were going out to a dog event near Beccles in Suffolk but the new van we bought, for Chris's large scooter, has an engine warning light on :( Could take the little scooter in the estate I suppose. Will see what we feel like later.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
This is becoming the norm on a Sunday it seems, breakfast with Marko and Ines 😁 2 boiled eggs and a roll today and brought 3 tomatoes away with me.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
We were going out to a dog event near Beccles in Suffolk but the new van we bought, for Chris's large scooter, has an engine warning light on :( Could take the little scooter in the estate I suppose. Will see what we feel like later.
Do the NHS pay for the scooter Pat, a lady across the road from me has just received one and the health service paid for it.

·
Premium Member
8,466 Posts
I think there is a pathway to get mobility aids but not sure how you would go about it. We could not be bothered with being assessed and waiting to be honest. One thing the Government do is to zero rate the VAT on them. All you have to do is tell the salesperson what your disability is and they take the VAT off. No need to prove it to them.

We went off for a jolly to the charity dog event. Must have written down the post code wrongly because we ended up at Lowestoft instead of Beccles! We went for a mooch along the sea front anyway and Chris's little scooter ran out of battery on the cliff path. We were a long way from the car so I had to push the scooter to the top and then park
Chris with it while I legged it all the way back to where we were parked. Now I like to think that my driving skills are ok but my navigation skills do leave a lot to be desired. Luckily I made a note of the road I had parked him in and the Sat Nav found it for me. Lowestoft is full of one way streets.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
The moral of that story is double check the Navi, mine tells me where its going if I put a post code in the other thing is to make sure the scooter battery is fully charged ;)

5741 - 5760 of 5862 Posts