Motorhome Facts Forum banner
6101 - 6120 of 6864 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,101 ·
I think 3ven that is too much water milk and a few beans.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
We always take a flask with us on our driving travels and then just use the services for parking or maybe I'll use the toilet there too...

Anyway, morning all.

We had a cracking day out yesterday. We cycled down to the next town then took the ferry over to Monte Isola island. after fortifying ourselves with a coffee (significantly less than Costa!!) , we then cycled down one side of the island to another , larger village. It was only 2.8km and flat so easy going. We had a bimble around there and stopped for a cold drink whilst we contemplated lunch. The café brought so many tapas out though, that we skipped lunch as we were replete!

We got back to base by 2.00pm and then had a cooling dip in the lake to recover.

The plan for today is to stay close to base. We'll wander up into the local town and get some provisions and build our stocks up as we only have a couple more days here.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
When I see all these cups of coffee you people spend your money on I realise why I can keep my house so warm all winter without worrying 😁.

As is often the way, I have no idea what I will do today, but there is sure to be something.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Just awaiting the arrival back from UK of my wife after three weeks. Just spent two days cleaning, scrubbing, polishing, weeding, mowing, raking, etc. etc. so the place is ***** and span.
But by the time she (we) unload the packed car into the lounge/kitchen it will look like we have been vandalised and I wonder why I bother.

Ray.

p.s. ha ha seems we can't have sp1ck now.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Just awaiting the arrival back from UK of my wife after three weeks. Just spent two days cleaning, scrubbing, polishing, weeding, mowing, raking, etc. etc. so the place is * and span.
But by the time she (we) unload the packed car into the lounge/kitchen it will look like we have been vandalised and I wonder why I bother.

Ray.

Who'd have thunk it?!

noun
(ethnic slur) offensive term for persons of Latin American descent

NB To see the link you'd have to replace the * with the word in question!!

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Just awaiting the arrival back from UK of my wife after three weeks. Just spent two days cleaning, scrubbing, polishing, weeding, mowing, raking, etc. etc. so the place is * and span.

Ray.

Are you sure you wrote *****, its got the same amount of letters. 😁. How silly, its starred mine as well, what does it mean to the Americans. I know Fanny to the Canadians means your bum ???

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Maybe I should have spelt it "spi ck" see if that works.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Thinking about it, I think I have heard it used as a derogatory word before so perhaps I can see why as it's racist.

·
Premium Member
44,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,113 ·
W og is another, but it also means to steal.

·
Premium Member
44,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,115 ·
Like you.

• Angry
Reactions: JanHank

·
Premium Member
44,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,116 ·
I decided to give those wheeled things a go, I found a good make on ebay for £16, the seat is useful but pushing it is a pain, still day one so I'll give it chance.

Reactions: JanHank

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
I decided to give those wheeled things a go, I found a good make on ebay for £16, the seat is useful but pushing it is a pain, still day one so I'll give it chance.
Pushing, you don´t have to push, just put your hands on the handles and walk, (don´t press down on them) make sure the handles are the correct height for you. Or are you putting shopping in the basket, assuming there is a basket, but even then you don´t need to push on a flat pavement to road, if you´re using it on grass or gravel thats different of course, a bit of effort has to go into getting it over the bumps. My first one was a bit like a Trabant, but the new ones are both Ferrari's Good luck with the trial, I´m sure you will be able to sell it for what you paid for it at least.

·
Premium Member
44,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,118 ·
Semantics.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Is that sexual activity then Kev.?

Ray.
I have absolutely no idea what he means Ray, never heard the word before in my life and even reading what the dick-shun-harry says is no help.

The branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. The two main areas are logical semantics, concerned with matters such assense and reference and presupposition and implication, and lexical semantics, concerned with the analysis of word meanings and relations between them.

Even looks as if my dick-shu-harry has either spelt a word wrong or used the wrong word.

6101 - 6120 of 6864 Posts