Motorhome Facts Forum banner
6121 - 6140 of 6864 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,122 ·

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Morning

I have been awake since 2.30 as we have had - and are still having as I write this - the most powerful electrical storms. Lightening, thunder and rain for bloody hours now. I had to nip out at around 3.30am to get our stuff secure as the bikes had fallen over and their cover was flapping away. It's going to be a long day...

As such I doubt that we'll do much today...and it's our last full day here as well.

Update at 7.06: the thunder storms appear to have moved away as the noise is quite distant now and the rain has stopped. Is it too early for bed yet?

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Sorry to hear that Graham :( Afternoon nap needed methinks?

I should go dog training this afternoon but might give it a miss. Had a full on day at the Practical Horticulture course yesterday and Georgia is due to go for her operation on Thursday so that will be the end of her training for a while. Will see how I feel later.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Morning

I have been awake since 2.30 as we have had - and are still having as I write this - the most powerful electrical storms. Lightening, thunder and rain for bloody hours now. I had to nip out at around 3.30am to get our stuff secure as the bikes had fallen over and their cover was flapping away. It's going to be a long day...

As such I doubt that we'll do much today...and it's our last full day here as well.

Update at 7.06: the thunder storms appear to have moved away as the noise is quite distant now and the rain has stopped. Is it too early for bed yet?
Where are you Graham, I did ask somewhere else I think. Found it 😁 I’ve been imagining you somewhere where your not🤨.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Thanks Pat. I'll not sleep tonight then though...

The thunder has rumbled away so time to start drying everything out...

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Don't want to worry you G but 10 people have been swept away in the floods in Italy.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Don't want to worry you G but 10 people have been swept away in the floods in Italy.

Ray.
Yes we saw that Ray. Thankfully for us, it is much further south. Bad news though.

Morning

The storms we had had throughout early Saturday morning abated by around 7.00am although they did threaten again around late morning. Fortunately I was able to get all our stuff dried and stowed away. The temperature was noticeably cooler as a result of the storms..around 10 degrees cooler I'd say and the forecast suggests that this new level is in for some time now, so it looks as if we chose our weeks wisely despite the storms.

We had a visit from a bloke we met here in 2019 yesterday morning. At that time, he was working here temporarily whilst his normal place of work had to close due to fire. I have kept in touch with him via messages and WhatsApp since, so it was good to catch up. He was just back from a 3 week cycling tour to see his daughters in Rome and Parma. I worked it out and he rode around 1400Km on his holiday :eek:

Today we move up to a site near the French border in the Aosta Valley near Mt Blanc, for 1 night prior to going through the Petite St Bernard Pass tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Morning all

We left site at around 9.45 yesterday but not before the 2 German couples who we had been conversing with whilst we were there insisted on having some photos taken. Addresses and email addresses were duly exchanged and invites to visit them; and then the chaps helped to see us out of our pitch. Lovely people.

We spent last night at a site with a view of Mont Blanc. We are up in The Alps near a town called Morgex in western Italy. Today we drive the Petit St Bernard Pass which is a lovely drive. Last time we did it in 2019 just as we crossed into France we were stopped by 2 French gendarmes who wanted to have a look around inside the MH and wanted to check our paperwork. It was all very polite but slightly strange. We couldn't work out what they were looking for!

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
They were checking on the export of Merguez G.

Ray.

• Haha
Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Morning

What a simply stunning drive we had yesterday. Despite doing it before, it never fails to impress. We took the Italian SS26 up through The Alps and through the Pettit St Bernard Pass...at one stage the altimeter in the sat nav showed us touching 2200m above sea level. The weather was very amenable too as it was a bright and sunny day although quite nippy at the top at 6 degrees and with some wind. I still have my shorts on but did dig out a fleece to put on over my T-shirt!

Today we'll hot a supermarket which is just 200m from our site in Bourg Saint Maurice and then we start to head up country towards Bourg en Bresse.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Not much on but might go and look at a sound bar for the new tv and a new vacuum cleaner. I need to book Thomas the cat in to the vet as I am sure he has arthritis. Cats (and dogs) are very good at hiding pain :(

6121 - 6140 of 6864 Posts