Motorhome Facts Forum banner
6141 - 6160 of 6259 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
I'm no expert on 'Sound-Bars' Pat but they are beginning to look like many other 5 min winders. I say this as two friends bought from Amazon and next week went back plus we see them all the time at boots recently.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
The thing is, Ray, that these new TV's are so "slim" that the sound comes out tinny. We had an older style sound thingy with the old tv that was shaped like a dvd player with separate speakers wired to it. Of course they will not transfer to the new tv :(

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
That might be so Pat but modern TV also have infinite audio adjustments within them. Apart from the usual 'wide', 'cinema', 'deep', etc. I have now after some time and playing with the menus got the sound on our new TV to my liking, sadly my wife now often asks for the volume to be increased and she has perfect hearing.

Yes I have had to buy a couple of adaptors to still be able to use the old DVD/VHS player via a scart output and a HDMI switch/splitter to accommodate extra equipment.

Ray.

Reactions: patp

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I bought a sound bar a few years ago after endless adjustment of the TV internal speakers. They are inadequate and badly placed, solely to make the TV look pretty, nothing to do with sound quality.
Since having the sound bar I have no more problems hearing what is said on some of the more muffled dialogue.

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
Maybe modern TVs are great for the deaf?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
We have always had external speakers, in the UK Hans built them into the wall, we I still have the same speakers connected first to an amplifier, not sure if we had an amplifier in England everything was so cleverly connected to the wall speakers including the radio cassette recorder. When I go to Heike´s they have a big TV and I hate the sound because its coming direct from the TV.

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
Sounds like you are right Ray!
Don´t misunderstand me Pat, Hans still couldn't understand the speakers in the last few years after he got really hard of hearing, the only thing that really helped were blue tooth headphones.
I do not understand what the idea is with this new horse whispering in films and series, a good example was shown to me in two Netflix series, one was Top Boy when Nicholas Pinnock played the part of Leon when he spoke quite plainly with his normal voice and then he played Aaron Wallace in For Life with an American horse whisper voice accent when I had a job to understand at times, but put the sub titles on and they say something different to what the actor is saying and I find that most annoying.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Morning

We had a straight forward run up country yesterday from Bourg St Maurice to up near Bourg en Bresse. Fuel was 1.749 € per litre at the start of the day and then we saw it at 1.642 € at the end of the day at some motorway services. That's the cheapest we have seen it all holiday and as it was on the motorway I thought they must have the wrong price up!

The site we are currently on is only 16€ per night with the ACSI card, for a fully serviced, hard standing pitch with 16A EHU. Bargain!!

Anyway we move up to Chalons en Champagne today for a 2 nights stop.

• Helpful
Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Last day of dog walks for a while as Georgia goes in for her knee op tomorrow. She will only be allowed ten minute toilet breaks from her cage rest for quite a while. We are, probably, going to try to get our electric bikes out from under the waterproof covers so that I can maintain some sort of exercise. Not sure if Chris will be able to ride his. They will need some tlc including tyre pumping. Chris is searching for a compressor to use for that job. We have lost the one on the Amorok since we sold it. Might be a case of Pat Power :)

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
You must have some powerful 'puff' Pat.

Ray.

• Haha
Reactions: JanHank

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
Be fare Ray she did say Power not Puff.🥶

I told you I collected the car on Monday with new MOT, just about to put the certificate in the folder and checked the Km. with the last MOT in 2000 , in two years the Forrester has only travelled 3,361 km. thats only 1,680 km a year, it used to be a lot more than that before we had the Navajo of course, when we would take several day trips in the car as well as towing the caravan for holidays. It did cross my mind to get a caravan to tide me over until the van is back in action, but the thought of the work that goes with it didn't appeal.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Common sense prevails Pat. (y)

Neither Mrs GMJ nor her dad had to undergo that either which was/is a blessed relief.

Reactions: patp

·
Premium Member
36,475 Posts
Hoped to be fitting a second leisure battery. Not entirely simple as the first is under the driver's seat and the second has to be under a bench seat in the back. All done, wires pulled through, sheathed and tidy. Tray for new battery made and fitted including straps to secure battery, and the damned courier who was supposed to delivery the battery yesterday still hasn't shown up. MRW useless sods, almost always a day or two late coming here. I assume it's because we are a little bit out of the way.

• Sad
Reactions: GMJ and JanHank

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
I hope you weren't planning to go away in it tomorrow Alan.

I have just checked on my Amazon and on the UK Tesco site for the price of a 720gr, Branston Pickle small chunks, goodness knows how long I have mine, but I have almost finished it and occasionally get a yearning for it.
Amazon.de 11.50€ Tesco UK £2.75. I think I will have to keep yearning when this jar runs out.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
It's good to have you posting on practical MH stuff Alan. Your input is always welcome (y)

6141 - 6160 of 6259 Posts