Motorhome Facts Forum banner
6161 - 6180 of 6189 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,894 Posts
Alan´s been posting on practical stuff since I joined the forum in 2015, he has given me many tricks and tips.
Of that I have no doubt Jan. My message was in relation to Alan getting back on the road and dealing with some of the day to day stuff again.

·
Premium Member
36,367 Posts
Thank you Jan.

My battery just came. Put it in and secured it, all good. In the morning I need to replace the driver's swivel seat and we're good to go. Not that we are going anywhere this week as far as I know. Had the van two weeks and been away twice for two nights. Very much enjoying it. I'm happy using our cars for local journeys but for long trips I wanted a van, it takes the urgency out of any trip and we can make break of it.

·
Premium Member
10,894 Posts
Morning

A long driving day for us yesterday as we did just over 300Km on motorways. The fuel price disparity is pretty amazing in France on the motorways. We saw a high of €1.999 however we also saw €1.602...which was the cheapest we have seen it anywhere on our trip.

We are currently on a site in Chalons en Champagne where again it is €16 for a fully serviced pitch. We stayed here 3 years ago and it was virtually empty but over the course of yesterday afternoon/evening it filled up to capacity.

We are planning on getting the bus into the town centre today to have a look around.

• Helpful
Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
17,137 Posts
Is this the right thread :unsure:

I'd better paste what I said on the weather thread before I tell you what I have discovered I must do today.
Can’t make up my mind, it’s either make bread, take the car for a ride, clean the car, try to tidy the shed or the workshop, maybe none of that,
I can do whatever I fancy, or nothing, what a life eh. 😁

As soon as the grass is dry I must cut it, so bread this morning grass after that.

·
Premium Member
17,137 Posts
4 loaves of bread cooked using White and Spelt flour which is called Dinkel flour here.
one plain, 1 with sunflower seeds, 1 with onion and one with caraway.
I have just eaten a crust of the onion bread with blue cheese, very yummy.
Now off out to finish cutting the grass, it is super out there, I have cut some already, no coat, no hat just a short sleeved top and jeans,

·
Premium Member
17,137 Posts
I was absolutely knackered when I came in from cutting the rest of the grass because I also walked along the bottom of the the garden pulling out the big dead weeds, my back was killing me when I came in. After a sit down I feel a lot better now and it´s time for Motleys walk.

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
Georgia is in the referral vet practice in Fakenham. The operation went well. On first exam he didn't think her luxating patella was too bad but when he opened her up it was a bit worse than he thought. The groove has been deepened and the ligaments and tendons tightened up. There is a pin and wire left in to keep it tight. She has to stay in overnight :( The symptoms were not very obvious just a hop every now and then. So glad I spotted it and took action when I did :) I am on my garden course tomorrow so I cannot go and collect her until about 5.30. She would be on cage rest at home so she might as well be on cage rest with them. We were supposed to go to Kent tomorrow but postponed until Saturday now.

·
Premium Member
10,894 Posts
Morning

We had a pleasant trip into Chalons en Champagne yesterday. The bus stop is just outside the campsite entrance and it only cost €1.20 each to get into town (and the same back). What a difference to the UK where it cost us £6 return for each of us to go from Charmouth to Lyme Regis...which is a shorter journey!!

Chalons is a pleasant enough town for a day's visit. We took in a huge church, the war memorial and the cathedral before having a very nice lunch indeed; sat outside as the weather was warm and sunny.

Today we move up nearer to the tunnel to Licques as it's our last day in France before travelling back to Blighty tomorrow..

·
Premium Member
36,367 Posts
Techno frustration awaits me today.

I have now spent several hours trying to pair a phone with my Pioneer radio head unit so as to see navigation on it.

It's hard to conceive of a car radio/navigator that is designed and sold as fully connectable but which in reality is so difficult to connect that I've spent hours on end reading manuals and articles and watching youtube videos and still can't get it to mirror any of our phones.

I'm kind of in awe of how they can get away with fitting this.

Last week I used a similar device in a VW hire car. It connected automatically and was flawless in operating my phone, navigator, audible books and music. Truly excellent when working, so I am determined to sort it out.

It can also have a reversing camera connected but Carthago saved 20€ or 30€ and didn't fit one during the build.

·
Premium Member
28,534 Posts
Just had to replace a brake light bulb in the Golf. It's bad enough trying to gain access to the front light bulbs but the R/H rear light cluster needs a very slim contortionist to touch the bulb let alone grasp it to twist and remove.
I have earnt a rest now.

Ray.

Reactions: erneboy

·
Premium Member
10,894 Posts
Morning all

Another lengthy drive yesterday to get to our overnight stop near Licques. We are now less than an hour from Calais and have our crossing booked for 11.20. I just need to fill up before we get to the tunnel so hopefully there is somewhere en-route.

Tonight we are staying in Cirencester but won't be seeing our lad as he is playing rugby this afternoon on Gloucester.

it started raining here at about 3.00pm yesterday and hasn't stopped since! Luckily we are on a reinforced pitch so no danger of getting stuck! Another ACSI special at €19 for the night: pitch with 16A EHU; water next to pitch and a site restaurant too.

·
Premium Member
17,137 Posts
Had a busy few hours yesterday, Hair cut in the next village 51.50€ thats the most I have ever paid the last 2 times in Bremerhaven and Katzenelnbogen it was 48€ Next time I think I will go back to my Polish girl, probably 20€ with her.
I called in to see if the Navajo had been moved into the workshop, no not yet, he was spraying the car he was working on last week, when it´s dry the Navajo will go in.
I also posted my Passport back the them because they spelt my name without the umlaut changing the sound of my name in German, so when I get the replacement it will be His Majesty's 😁 instead of Her Maj.
Drew some money from the bank Automat, I can't remember the last time I did that, then went shopping, but the bank paid, not me.
I wrote this yesterday and this morning spotted I hadn’t pressed send.

Who knows what today will bring.

6161 - 6180 of 6189 Posts