Motorhome Facts Forum banner
6241 - 6260 of 6864 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
I exercise 6 days a week with Sundays off...when we are at home. In fact I've just finished today's lot. I do it to lose all the weight that I put on when we are away :)

I lost 6 lbs last week.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
I do Jan. I am a prolific sweat-er, always have been!

I put on and lose weight very easily and very quickly. Mind you I do do some heavy sessions when at home.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Morning

I managed to get a few hours in working in the garden yesterday afternoon. Still cutting back: I've finished 6 shrubs/bushes now with plenty more to go at.

Cleaning the bungalow today first thing and then very little planned after that as it is going to hoy down all day according to the forecast. Probably do some trip planning later.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
We had a text reminder for a hospital appointment that we knew nothing about. Had the devils own job discovering that it was a left over from Chris's cancer appointments and that it should, along with another one in April, have been cancelled. The phone number that came with the reminder was out of action, the consultants secretary was unavailable etc etc. Managed it in the end so that someone else could benefit.
Nothing much on today. Chris is on the hunt, now, for a mini digger to do jobs around the garden. Might go and look at one or, otherwise, go out for the day. Could go to Blickling or Anglesey Abbey as they are not too far away from us. Will see.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Yes we did! :) Chris has been through them and found that the boxes were lined with newspaper from 1968.

Trouble is he is now looking for a full size mini digger so that will occupy his time for a while.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,249 ·
Reactions: patp and erneboy

·
Premium Member
44,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,250 ·
I've been on tenterhooks since Saturday Liz asked me if her daughter and her BF could borrow the van for a few days so they could get away, my first (and current reaction) is no, but they just brought it back with no apparent damage, they insured it themselves as I didn't want it on our policy if they had a bump, I let him put fuel in on Saturday then let him drive it, I should have just let him take it I'd have been better not knowing what a ****e driver he was, ok you do need to get used to a vehicle but he drives a sprinter everyday so I expected some inherent skills but no chance, some people can drive and some people are allowed to drive, I had him park it on the road as I think I'd need a new clutch if he tried to park it on the drive.

I just hope they don't ask again as I will have Liz chelping at me again.

I think anything over two tons should require a test.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Ha, ha yes an oxy wotsit Kev. I felt the need to explain that it was not a toy one 😅 Of course he will over do it. Like someone else around here.

They really need to tighten up the driving test. We watch, on our daily walk. as people reverse out of driveways, do six point turns in the road and only just manage, by a whisker, not to kill us pair walking in broad daylight on the correct side of the road, Let's hope they did not enjoy the motorhoming experience.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Morning

Fortunately for us our MH is over 3500kg so neither of Mrs GMJ's 2 sons can drive it. Not that we would lend it to them anyway under any circumstances.

Nowt planned for today. It's going to rain until early afternoon but I might be able to get an hour or two in the garden later if it clears.

• Haha
Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
The fridge is bare so it will be food shopping for us today.

Chris had good news yesterday that he had been awarded the higher rate of Attendance Allowance. I would like to thank everyone on here for their help with the process. Of course he would rather not need it but at least it makes life a little easier. We can now keep the cleaner on which leaves us time to attend appointments and get out for fresh air and exercise.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Morning

We are off into Carmarthen this morning as Mrs GMJ wants to do some clothes shopping. This afternoon I'll try and get in the garden if its dry. Yesterday it rained down all day so I spent the day planning our trip to Sicily for next year and managed to finish the first draft.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Taking Graham's advice we might go to Anglesey Abbey, part of the National Trust, for a trip out. They, apparently, have lovely gardens that are set out in "rooms". Weather is set fair.

Last night we found a mini digger but are treading cautiously because our first contact resulted in the lady saying it was her brother's digger and he lived oop North. Her advert came from London. Just finding out if they can deliver but we will, of course, have to go and see it. All the local ones for sale are silly prices compared to those that are miles away.

Daughter wants to know our plans for Christmas, as she has to tell her work colleagues which days she will work. We didn't like our last air b&b so are trying another one this time.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
If it stays as it is now, sunny with a west wind, I will cut what grass there is later.

It‘s day 6 of my exercise plan, I’m getting into it now with this Australian chap Mike, the exercises are all modelled around the more mature 😁 people, loads of muscle strengthening stuff all done while either sitting in a chair or standing next to one, he doesn’t just show you an exercise he does them with you which I find really encouraging, I put him on full screen and it feels as if he is talking to me. Each lesson he is doing different exercises so I don’t get bored or fedup doing the same old thing every day. Although I found him the first time using a band the rest I am seeing there’s no aid only a chair.

If you are interested, open this link and you will see what I mean, there are quite a few lessons here https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/morelifehealth

·
Premium Member
44,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,258 ·
The fridge is bare so it will be food shopping for us today.

Chris had good news yesterday that he had been awarded the higher rate of Attendance Allowance. I would like to thank everyone on here for their help with the process. Of course he would rather not need it but at least it makes life a little easier. We can now keep the cleaner on which leaves us time to attend appointments and get out for fresh air and exercise.
I got a letter from DWP yesterday telling me that they've not sorted mine out yet, I rang and told them I need more help at night now as I had started the form quite a while ago and I've deteriorated, they said amend the PDF and send it with a covering letter, the problem is I'm crap with forms and don't understand how they want it worded so I get the allowance.

Help.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
I got a letter from DWP yesterday telling me that they've not sorted mine out yet, I rang and told them I need more help at night now as I had started the form quite a while ago and I've deteriorated, they said amend the PDF and send it with a covering letter, the problem is I'm crap with forms and don't understand how they want it worded so I get the allowance.

Help.
We enlisted Age Concern who sent a lovely lady to ask us questions and fill out the forms for us. She was an expert (wink wink).

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Morning

Mrs GMJ has an appointment later this morning but that's about it for any plans today. Looks like it'll be raining again from around midday too so no gardening again.

6241 - 6260 of 6864 Posts